Getting used to you

Y/N'S POV:

I ended up staying 2 extra hours because James had to do some 'extra' work. I'm positive he wanted me to leave, but when I was about to go, Steve insisted I stay. So I ended up just watching James the whole time, complaining.

"Come on" James calls, ending my battle of trying not to fall asleep. I wipe my face and drowsily follow him out of the building. I get into his oddly expensive car and watch as his big hand grazes the wheel. I drift off into a cat nap.

*BEEP*

I shoot my eyes open as I hear the sound of the car horn. "Why the fuck would you do that!?" I yell. "You fell asleep and we're at your apartment" He shrugs. "You're such a dick" I roll my eyes. We get out of the car and just like the night before he walks me to my door.

"Figure out your job shit. I want you at my office at 6 am" He says sternly. "You're the worse." I frown. "And that's what makes me the best," He says smugly.

He turns and walks away. "Goodness," I mumble.

~
James POV:

I speed home and shoot Steve a call.

"Hey! How did your first day go?" He cheers.

"Let's just say, if you don't marry that woman, I'll beat your ass" I scoff.

"Was it really that bad? When I popped by your office things seemed to be going well"

"She was fucking late, she complained the whole damn time, she doesn't listen or pay attention, she has a hell of a mouth, she's so fucking stubborn, and don't get me started on how much she talks." I huff.

"Damn. All that in 1 day?" He mumbles

"It's like dragging around a child" I groan

"I'm sure you'll get used to her soon" He laughs

"Right. Goodnight"  I roll my eyes

~

Y/N'S POV:

I pulled up the guts to tell my beloved boss that I would no longer be working at the tacky karaoke bar I had learned to enjoy. I was genuinely sad about my leave, and now I actually had to get gigs.

I get up at 4:30, struggling to wake up and get dressed. I eat an Eggo waffle and play with Alpine and Sherlock. "Bye-bye, guys!" I smile. I promptly walk down to the street and wait for Benjamin to pull up.

 I promptly walk down to the street and wait for Benjamin to pull up

Within minutes of me being outside, Benjamin pulls up. "Good morning Ms. Y/n" He cheers. "Oh Benjamin, I insist just call me Y/n" I smile. "And I insist on calling you Ms. Y/n" He laughs. I nod and he drives away.

Once again we pull up to the modern building. "Just before you go! Give this to Mr. Barnes, I'm sure he'll appreciate it." He winks. He hands me a coffee cup. "What is it?" I asked, smelling the steaming liquid in my hands. "Black coffee from his favorite coffee place" He winks. "Aw! Thank you! How much is it? I'll pay you back" I smile. "Oh, no need!" He waves off. I nod and exit the car.