Oh baby

James POV:

"1"

"2"

"3" We both open our eyes.

"Of course it's negative" She sighs

I grab her hand and pull her into my lap. "It's gonna happen, sweetheart"

"James you've been saying that for a year! I'm tired" She sobbed

I hold her closer and let her cry. Tears fell from my face as well.

We had given ourselves a year and a half to be married, then we couldn't wait any longer to try to conceive. Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months and months turned to a year.

We both went to the doctor and they told us we were perfectly fertile. She tried IVF and nothing.

I tried my best to keep her motivated, but hell was it hard since I was struggling as well.

"I just want a baby" She mumbles

"I do too. I swear I'll give you one, no matter how long it takes"

"Please don't promise me something you don't know you'll be able to keep" She sniffles, leaving the bathroom.

Seeing her upset was killing me. I wanted exactly what she did, but it wasn't seeming to happen.

"Let's try again tonight"

"James, I don't want to. I just want to go to sleep tonight"

"I understand"

I never thought I would say this. I was getting tired of sex. I loved her and I loved spending time with her, and the act itself was enjoyable, but it was so exhausting to expect something and not be getting it.

I wanted to give her space to feel comfortable enough to express to me what she was feeling, but It hurt me knowing I couldn't give her what she wanted.

"I love you, Y/n"

"I love you too, James. Also, thank you for being strong for me. I know this is tough on you too"

"Of course" I kiss her cheek  and cuddle close to her

~

"AGH! She fussed, throwing the test

"Y/n"

"Please! This shit isn't fucking working. Maybe something is wrong with me!"

"Nothing is wrong with you"

"I can't even do the shit my body was made to do. I just want one!"

"If we genuinely can't get pregnant we can always resort to other options"

"I'm upset"

"I am too"

"We've wanted this for so long"

"I know"

~

"The internet said missionary and doggy are good positions to get pregnant"

"We can try those" I nod

~

I kiss her neck and gently push into her. "Think about what you want. What we want"

She nods and wraps her arms around my neck. She keeps her eyes closed, letting moans slip from her lips.

Every push into her made me closer to finishing. I rest my hands on the bed and thrust into her one more time.

She immediately lays on her back and I go get her some water.

"Deep breaths, doll"

I lay next to her and rub her hair. "It's gonna work"