Argue then make-up. Repeat.

James POV:

"Do you wanna change, or anything?" I ask as I pull up to her house. "No, but I should go check on Alpine and Sherlock! I haven't been home as much as I should." She nods, getting out of the car. "Y/n, please! We're already fucking late!" I call after her. She completely ignores me and trots her way down the dimly lit hallway.

I sigh and try to rush after her, but she was completely out of sight. "Y/n? Stop fucking around, where did you go?" I sigh. There was no way she made it to her apartment that quickly.

I was slightly scared for her. I couldn't see or hear her, and she could be snatched up fairly easily. "Y/n, I'm not joking." I warn. I hear some rustling behind me and just before I turn around I hear a loud voice.

"BOO!" 

I turn around fully and see Y/n standing in front of me. "Did I scare you?" She laughs. "The only thing that scared me was that you got your dumbass kidnapped" I scoff, shaking my head. "Aw! You were scared I would get kidnapped. How sweet" She coos. "They would most likely think I did something to you since we don't get along anyways" I shrug.

~

She walks in front of me and I walk behind, making sure she doesn't pull any shit again.

We get to her apartment and while she walks in, I wait outside.

"What are you doing? Come in!"

"Doll, We're not here to have a cute dinner and watch a movie. Just hurry up."

"Get your ass in here and stop acting like a little bitch" She laughs.

"Don't backtalk me, little girl" I spat out.

"What are you gonna do about it?" She giggles. I roll my eyes and walk into her little apartment, closing the door behind me.

I take a seat on the couch and she rushed to get her little cat. Y/n carries him over to me and places him on my lap. "Pet him!" She smiles. "I rather not" I mumble. She gives me an oddly pressuring smile, so I pet the cat. He purs as I gently stroke his furry body. "I'll go get Sherlock for you!" She cheers. "Who's that?" I ask, still petting her cat.

She comes back with a little hedgehog in her hands. "You have a pet hedgehog?" I question. She nods and holds him up to me. "Isn't he cute! You can pet his little belly" She smiles. I nod and use my finger to pet its stomach. We stay petting her little animals for about 10 minutes before we leave to go meet Steve and Natasha at the bar.

~

Y/n's POV:

"What the hell took you two so long? You're 20 minutes late" Steve laughed. "Y/n insisted that we check on her pets" James explained. I smile and go to sit with Nat. "Hello stranger" I tease. "Hey, how long has it been?" She laughed, hugging me.

"3 days"

"Feels like longer! How are you and James getting along?" She smiles.

"Um, well not too well. He finds me very obnoxious." I giggle. "That makes two of us" She mumbles, taking a sip of her champagne. "Excuse me!" I scoff, nudging her. As Nat and I laughed and talked James walked up to us. "Do you want a drink?" He asks. "Sure! Can I have something fruity?" I cheer. He nods and orders something for me.

"Grapefruit Negroni. If you don't like it, I'll get you something else."

I take a sip and look back up at him. "I like it!"

He nods and goes back to Steve. "Well that didn't seem like the two of you hated each other"  She giggles. "It's probably because I let him meet Sherlock and Alpine. They softened him." I explain.  "Right! Makes sense to me" She mumbles, obviously lying.