𝗷𝗶𝘆𝗼𝗼 | third time's a charm

Ship: JiU, Yoohyeon
Members Are:
In Dreamcatcher
Categories: Fluff
Summary: Playing the Pepero game leads to more than JiU and Yoohyeon bargained for.

"Kim Yoohyeon!" Kim JiU's laughing voice echoed loudly through the long hallway even though it wasn't empty, and the blonde-haired girl that she was chasing turned her head just long enough to toss her a smile that sent a kaleidoscope of butterflies spiraling through her stomach.

"You can't catch me, unnie, you're too slow!" Kim Yoohyeon teased, but as she looked back again to deliver the taunt, Kim SuA jumped out and grabbed Yoohyeon's slender frame, turning her around and holding her arms so that JiU could finally catch up with and tackle her.

"Unnie, unnie!" Yoohyeon cried. "Ah, unnie! No!" She was laughing so hard that tears were beginning to trickle down her cheeks, and SuA – let go of Yoohyeon's waist so that JiU was cradling the blonde girl in her arms as they both collapsed in laughter.

As the leader of a world-famous K-Pop girl group, JiU was used to often being firm and stoic, protecting her members, taking care of them, and leading them to success – that was what was expected of her, after all. But when she looked into the eyes of Yoohyeon, she felt every responsibility that she held slide off of her shoulders and every worry that she had vanish into thin air.

"Unnie," Yoohyeon said again, this time in a whisper as her eyes widened and she glanced around, prompting JiU to do the same and blush brightly when she realized that everyone was staring at them.

Everyone was comprised of their bandmates and the staff for the interview that they were about to do on national television, and though Yoohyeon and JiU were rarely shy about being affectionate together, the leader realized with a racing heart that their noses were practically touching, their lips centimeters apart, as if they were about to kiss.

JiU had kissed Yoohyeon once before. Plus, of course, little pecks on each other's cheeks occurred at least semi-regularly. The latter was what their members and InSomnias saw. The former had occurred when they were alone one time, having a dance party to 2NE1's "Kiss." It was just a peck, but JiU had thought about it for far too long afterwards, and though she had enjoyed it, she was quite honestly relieved that it didn't happen again after that with the way it had taken over her mind.

JiU quickly detached herself from Yoohyeon and pulled the younger member to her feet after she had stood up, and the girls dusted themselves off before heading back to the dressing rooms, Yoohyeon's left hand around JiU's waist, JiU's right arm around Yoohyeon's shoulders.

JiU was lucky to avoid being scolded by the staff for the rowdy game that she and Yoohyeon had been playing – the remainder of their time spent getting ready to film went by without a hitch. In fact, the whole day continued to flow smoothly, all of the members doing an excellent job while filming, everything occurring on time, and so forth. It was only when the host began discussing playing the Pepero game when time seemed to slow down and JiU realized that things could begin to get a little rocky.

After they were paired off, Lee Gahyeon and Han Dong went first, and JiU thought to herself, This can't be that bad. Their reactions were cute, short, and sweet; and she knew that she and Yoohyeon would be able to survive the event – because, of course, the younger member had said she didn't want to be in a pair with SuA, leaving only JiU as Lee Dami refereed.

As the group leader, JiU saw it fit to be the one to hold the chocolate-covered treat out to her partner, but as they got closer to each other, the memory from earlier made her flustered, and she instinctively laughed.