𝘀𝘂𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗼𝗻 | eternal

Ship: SuA, Siyeon
Members Are:
In a Non-DC AU
Categories: Angst, Fluff
Summary: When Bora volunteered at her local hospital, the last thing that she expected was to fall for patient Siyeon.

Volunteering at the hospital was never exactly Kim Bora's idea of fun. The act of doing so was merely to fulfill her mother's wishes, not to build her own morality or to gain experience for a future job. It wasn't horrible, but to be quite frank, she was getting sick and tired of wheeling around carts full of dirty bedsheets and collecting half-eaten trays of food that resembled cardboard. Thus made up her thought process as she entered room number 1001 for her latest assignment: to deliver a tray of the hospital cafeteria's latest (and highly questionable) concoction to the newest patient in the cancer ward that she had been assigned to check in on. Her discontented train of thought, however, came to a rather abrupt stop before her hand even left the doorknob.

Sitting in the singular hospital bed in the middle of the room, her head tossed back as she laughed at something on her phone, was the most beautiful girl that Bora had ever seen. Though her face was thin and pale, her eyes sparkled like a crystal chandelier full of light as she turned to see who had entered her room, and her full peach lips were pulled into a grin that revealed the kind of perfect teeth people would pay tens of thousands of dollars for. She was wearing an oversized t-shirt that hid her tiny frame, no doubt worn from cancer treatments, and a pink fuzzy blanket covered everything below her chest. Though it looked thin, she still had all her hair, and it was cut into a shoulder-length lob that framed her stunning face perfectly. Upon looking at the door, she ran her hands through it as her eyes swept over Bora's body, sending a chill down Bora's spine as butterflies flew through her stomach.

Bora froze in the doorway, unable to think about anything but how beautiful the girl was, and she didn't move until the girl leaned forward with concern. Bora could see that it took her a considerable amount of effort to do something as simple as sitting up in bed.

"Everything okay?" the girl questioned.

"O-Oh!" Bora said suddenly. "Y-Yeah, of course. I, um, I just brought some food."

"Oh, thanks." The girl looked at the tray that Bora brought to her side rather dejectedly, and Bora could understand why. It was certainly not the most appetizing meal that she had ever served. But to Bora's surprise, the girl continued, "This looks good. I just wish that I had company while I eat."

"Company?" Bora repeated. "I-I could sit with you, I mean, if you want, I-I know I'm not your friend or family or anything..."

"I would love that," the girl replied, a wide grin spreading over her face as she spoke. "Thanks. My family is usually here, but my sister is graduating from university today."

"Really?" Bora said in surprise. "My brother just graduated the other day, too."

The girl smiled again. "What a coincidence. Are we the same age, too?"

"I'm 19."

"Oh, I'm 18."

"Close enough. What's your name, by the way?" Bora asked.

"I'm Lee Siyeon. What's yours?"

"I'm Kim Bora."

"It's nice to meet you," Siyeon said, flashing another bright grin at the older girl.

"Likewise," Bora said quietly. It was out of the ordinary for her to be so soft-spoken, but it didn't seem like she was exactly in an ordinary situation to begin with. She was curious, however, about the girl in front of her, so she found it in her to make conversation. "Does your family visit often?"