𝘀𝗶𝘆𝗼𝗼 | what's a soulmate?

Ship: Siyeon, Yoohyeon
Members Are:
Unspecified (Group Not Mentioned)
Categories: Fluff
Summary: Best friends Siyeon and Yoohyeon contemplate what makes someone a soulmate.

Lee Siyeon swung her legs slightly, letting her heels bounce off of the tire of Kim Yoohyeon's pickup truck. Her best friend was lying against the blanket that she had spread out on the bed of the truck, her hand shielding her eyes from the golden sunset.

"What do you think makes a soulmate?" Siyeon asked suddenly, turning to her best friend beside her.

Yoohyeon giggled slightly. Siyeon could tell that a note of ridicule for her random question was on the tip of her tongue, but her best friend held back. "I think that it's someone who, when you meet them, you feel like you've known them for your whole life."

Siyeon's lips quivered slightly before they formed a smirk. "Remember the day that we met?"

Yoohyeon laughed again. "Yeah, you thought that I gave you a fake number at first."

"It's not funny," Siyeon grumbled, but she couldn't hide the grin that was spreading across her face, and she turned away a moment too late.

"Yes, it is," Yoohyeon insisted, sitting up to poke Siyeon's cheek as evidence. The older girl just responded by pushing her hand away. "So, does this make us soulmates?"

"I don't know," Siyeon hummed. "What else do you think makes a soulmate?"

"I think that it's when you share all the same opinions and feelings." Yoohyeon pointed to the stack of takeout containers that they had discarded on one side of the truck bed a few minutes ago. "Like, for example, that cheesecake is our shared favorite dessert."

"Except that you like yours plain," Siyeon replied, wrinkling her nose.

"Just think of this as me saving more whipped cream and strawberries for you, since I just put them on your plate anyways."

"Right. Thanks, I guess...weirdo."

"So, what do you think makes someone a soulmate?"

Siyeon hummed thoughtfully for a moment. "When they let you be yourself."

"Even when you trip all over yourself in front of pretty girls?" Yoohyeon teased, shoving Siyeon's side with her elbow.

"You mean when you do? Because I never make a fool of myself," Siyeon frowned.

"You embarrass yourself in front of me all the time."

"You don't count."

"What? Am I not pretty enough for you?"

Siyeon almost gasped as she watched Yoohyeon's face instantly crumble. "Wait! No, no, Yooh, that's not what I meant! I-I'm so sorry, I—"

"God, you're easy to tease."

Siyeon exhaled deeply through her teeth. "Yoohyeon, that wasn't funny," she whispered. "You really scared me."

"Why? Do I make you nervous?" Yoohyeon grinned, but her teasing gaze had lost its effect on Siyeon. The older girl's heart was still racing too hard to let her think clearly.

"Yeah," Siyeon scoffed, shaking her head as she dropped her eyes to her lap. "Yeah, you do. I mean, it seems to me like I always do, but I never want to mess anything up with you."

"Aww, why?" Yoohyeon giggled, shoving her shoulder. "Stupid."

"Cause I love you, Kim Yoohyeon. Is that what you wanted to hear, stupid?"

The silence that rang through the air in the following few seconds was deafening to Siyeon. Even the sounds of the wildlife and the cars in the distance seemed to have faded for a moment. But Yoohyeon's next actions spoke louder than words ever could, anyways.

Before Siyeon really even knew what was happening, Yoohyeon's hands were wrapped around the back of the older girl's neck, pulling her closer as their lips met.

And that was when Siyeon finally realized what was happening. Her heart felt like it skipped several beats, giving her such a euphoric high that she whimpered into Yoohyeon's kiss, her fingers tightening around her best friend's thighs. She instantly knew that she would crave the sweet, soft taste of Yoohyeon's lips forever.

"You want to know something?" Siyeon mumbled as they finally pulled apart a few moments later. Yoohyeon nodded, clearly breathless, and Siyeon dropped her forehead against the younger girl's as she continued. "I know what a soulmate is now."