𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗴 | kiss me already

Ship: Siyeon, Handong
Members Are:
In Dreamcatcher
Categories: Angst, Fluff
Summary: Handong's unexpected answer to an interview question upsets Siyeon.

Lee Siyeon was pissed off. She was not "in a bad mood," and she was definitely not "upset." She was completely and utterly pissed off.

Her day had not started out badly, in fact, it had begun quite the opposite. Though Siyeon despised waking up early, she didn't mind so much when she had a schedule that she was looking forward to, and she certainly did have one that day. It was a casual interview with all of her members, a promotion for her K-pop girl group Dreamcatcher's most recent comeback. It was the type of interview that Siyeon genuinely enjoyed, the kind where she was able to just sit down and talk with her members about everything that she loved most, especially music.

However, Siyeon didn't anticipate that one simple question that had been discussed could turn her whole day upside down the way that it did.

"Who, of all of the members, are the most awkward together?" the interviewer had asked.

"I don't think that there are any," Kim JiU had answered honestly. "But Siyeon and Handong used to be. We made them hug it out once."

"I thought that she hated me," Han Dong had laughed in response.

Siyeon had never hated Handong. And that was what was pissing her off. She had spent a large chunk of the remainder of the interview in a discontented silence, and as soon as she and her members had left the set and returned to their dorm, she had stomped directly to her room. She hardly even paused to take off her shoes before flopping onto her bed, aimlessly scrolling through her phone while angry thoughts took over her mind.

Siyeon was the kind of person to talk to the other person involved when there was a disagreement between her and someone else, but in this case, she couldn't even fathom what to say to Handong, so she resorted to being silent instead.

Of course, because it was so unusual for her to act in such a way, Siyeon should have known that the other person would approach her instead. A soft knock came from the other side of the door, and Siyeon, thinking that her roommate had noticed her bad mood and was being polite before entering, grumbled, "Come in."

When she saw Handong's angelic but worried face peek through the doorway, however, Siyeon had to bite back a rather immature groan as she sat up in her bed. "What?" she snapped, a little more angrily than she had intended to.

"H-Hi," Handong said cautiously, continuing to enter the room although she was looking more nervous by the second. "I noticed that you were upset, a-and I...thought I might have said or done something wrong. Is that true?"

"You think?" Siyeon scoffed sarcastically in a rather feeble attempt to cover up the fact that she was beginning to get choked up. She desperately wished that she could argue for once without crying, but it seemed that she wouldn't be getting through this spat without shedding at least a few tears.

"What did I do?" Handong asked in alarm, approaching Siyeon more quickly as she noticed the older girl beginning to get emotional.

"Did you really think that I hated you?" Siyeon asked brokenly, staring down at the floor with a lifeless gaze as Handong carefully sat down next to her on the bed.

"I – well, yeah," Handong stammered. "I did."

"Why?" Siyeon whimpered, her gaze finally snapping up to meet Handong's chocolate brown eyes. Her voice sounded so pathetic that if she hadn't felt as bad as she did, she would have cringed at herself.

"B-Because you were...so intimidating?" Handong responded slowly. She sounded as though she wanted to present the truth without hurting Siyeon, which the older girl had to admit that she appreciated.

Siyeon sighed, breaking her stare from Handong's face to look around her bedroom aimlessly. "Is that why this didn't work?" she asked in a whisper, mainly to herself, but Handong seemed to think that the question was aimed towards her.

"What didn't work?"

Siyeon turned back towards Handong, studying every aspect the beautiful blonde's chiseled face, from her long, doe-like lashes to her peach lips with their perfect Cupid's bow. She took her time gazing at the younger girl, beginning to smile almost subconsciously despite how she currently felt. Almost as though she wasn't controlling her own movements, Siyeon suddenly leaned in, pressing her full lips against Handong's own for what she intended to be a brief moment. Just as soon as she realized what she was doing, Siyeon began to pull away in alarm, but a hand snaking around her neck stopped her and kept her in place as Handong began moving her lips gently and cautiously against Siyeon's.

The younger girl, to Siyeon's surprise, didn't stop. Once she was done with kissing Siyeon's lips, she moved to her jawline, tilting Siyeon's head up with her fingers so that she could kiss the older girl's neck as well. "Handong," Siyeon gasped slightly as she felt the younger girl's teeth sink into a spot just behind her ear, prompting the blonde to smile against Siyeon's skin before backing away.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" Handong whispered desperately, her smile quickly fading as she looked into Siyeon's eyes.

"I-I don't know," Siyeon responded, still feeling a bit breathless and lightheaded. "I'm...sorry."

"Shh, don't," Handong shushed the older girl, placing the index finger of her right hand firmly against Siyeon's lips. "Forget the past, unnie," she sighed, looking directly into the black-haired girl's eyes. "Get on with the present, will you? And just kiss me again already."