𝗴𝗮𝗵𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗴/𝘀𝘂𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗼𝗻/𝟮𝘆𝗼𝗼 | murky galaxy

Parts: 10
Ships: SuA and Siyeon, Handong and Gahyeon, Yoohyeon and Dami
Members Are: In a Fantasy AU
Categories: Angst, Fluff, Romance
Summary: JiU, SuA, and Siyeon of the planet Utopia join forces with Handong, Yoohyeon, Dami, and Gahyeon of planet Dystopia to form Team Dreamcatcher, a space station-based reconciliation project.
Author's Note: This is a longer story, so sit back, relax, grab a snack...and enjoy!

Prologue

One hundred and fifty years ago, residents of the planet Earth split into two regions, Dystopia and Utopia, in accordance with beliefs about leaving their home of the Milky Way to live in the Murky Galaxy. Those who stayed behind were called by those who left as those living on Planet Dystopia. Those who entered the Murky Galaxy belonged to Planet Utopia.

After some time, young people from Planet Utopia applied and were selected to live on an artificial-gravity-enabled intergalactic space station, where they could interact with their peers from Dystopia in a home-like environment for the first time since the last space shuttles had left Earth's aerospace a hundred years ago in an effort to learn more about the split that had taken place and see if the residents could live together again in harmony. This project was called Team Dreamcatcher.

Part I

January 13, 3017

"Unnie, have you seen Mongmongie?" Lee Siyeon called desperately as she raced through the white halls of Rose Blue Intergalactic Space Station.

Kim JiU sighed, placing a hand on her hip as she broke her gaze from her clipboard to stare at her younger teammate and best friend. "Don't tell me that the girls from Earth are arriving at any minute, and you picked right now to lose your deukae. They've never seen one before, Sing, what if they find it before us and they hurt it?"

"Director Leez said that they wouldn't hurt anything," Siyeon grumbled as she brushed past JiU. "Mongmongie!" she called, her head turning from side to side as her eyes swept across the halls of the space station.

JiU simply rolled her own eyes before turning back to the clipboard in her hands. "I knew that it was a bad idea to let Siyeon have a pet."

"Don't look at me, I didn't think that it was a good idea either. Director Leez was the one who finally relented because he thought it would be good for team bonding," Kim SuA pointed out as she approached the control panel with which JiU was tampering. "And what are you doing?"

"Director Ollounder reminded me that the girls from Earth like the temperature to be warmer than we do, so I'm trying to change the air in here."

"Oh, there's a presetting for that," SuA said, reaching in front of JiU and pressing a button on the screen that evoked a hot blast of air from the vents surrounding them.

"Ow, hot!" a strained yell came from down the hallway, moments before the same voice added, "I found Mongmongie!"

"Oh, great," JiU mumbled as her gaze returned to her clipboard yet again.

"Don't get too enthusiastic, there, Captain, your face might get frozen in that huge grin," SuA teased, giving JiU an affectionate shove as she walked past her to meet Siyeon and the blonde- and green-haired girl's deukae.

JiU sighed slightly, crossing off the word "heat" on her checklist and moving onto the next task: "tidy."

"SuA!" JiU called after the petite woman who had just left the hall. "Is your room clean?"