𝘀𝗶𝘆𝗼𝗼 | skater girl

Ship: Siyeon, Yoohyeon
Members Are:
In a Non-DC AU
Categories: Fluff
Summary: Siyeon's longtime crush Yoohyeon finally approaches her at the skate park.

Kim Yoohyeon is always there when Lee Siyeon makes her way to the skate park in the evenings after school. It's Siyeon's last year at high school before she goes off to college, and though she wouldn't care to admit it to anyone that she knows, she will miss her small hometown, and she enjoys every moment that she gets to do things in the community. She is already an adult, but the energy of the local park keeps her young, a playful activity making her blissfully forget her troubles, even if only momentarily.

The idea of the black- and blonde-haired girl being there puts a pep in Siyeon's step as she saunters down the street towards the park, her backpack slung carelessly over her shoulder and her left hand languidly holding her beat-up skateboard that dangles dangerously only centimeters from the concrete sidewalk.

As Siyeon expected, Yoohyeon is already there. Siyeon spots her right away as the tall young woman glides gracefully on her roller skates over the smooth surfaces of the skate ramps and paths. Siyeon smirks to herself as she wonders ironically how Yoohyeon can be such an expert at roller skating when she can hardly walk while wearing sneakers without tripping on thin air.

Siyeon offers the girl a nod and a small smile as she steps into the park, sitting down on the ground near the edge of the fence to set down her backpack and tie up her hair. She doesn't exchange words with Yoohyeon, only looks. She only knows her name because of another person speaking to the tall young woman one day. But today is different.

"You look pretty today," a melodic voice says from above Siyeon, and though the perfectly poised roller skates already gave away the owner's identity, Siyeon still looks up in barely hidden surprise to confirm that indeed, Yoohyeon is the person that is speaking to her.

"Only today?" Siyeon replies wittily as she stands up, not an ounce of her confidence shaken by the sudden compliment.

"All the time," Yoohyeon quickly asserts, a fierce blush and an embarrassed grin spreading over her face, the latter of which is infectious to Siyeon.

"So do you," Siyeon responds. She means every word that she says. Yoohyeon's hair is tied in twin braids that appear to have gotten looser as time wore on, for they are accented with flyaways that catch the light of the pink-hued sunset and create a rather fitting halo around her bangs. They rest gently against her striped crop top that she has paired with a short skirt, and Siyeon realizes that her eyes have been resting on Yoohyeon's legs a moment too long when her own face begins to feel flush with color. But though it is rather enticing to Siyeon, Yoohyeon's outfit is nothing when it comes to the beauty of her face, with the thousand-watt smile that Siyeon has long admired from afar.

"It's just us," Yoohyeon points out, and though the comment might have seemed obvious and unnecessary at first, Siyeon suddenly had to admit to herself that she hadn't noticed that the park was empty save for Yoohyeon until she said so. It just went to show how much Siyeon only paid attention to the black- and blonde-haired girl.

"Then," Siyeon smiled, "might I have the honor of a pretty girl skating with me on this sweet summer night?"

"I would love to," Yoohyeon grins. Siyeon holds out a hand, which Yoohyeon takes as they slowly begin to move together, Siyeon on her board, Yoohyeon on her skates. It takes a moment, but they silently figure out a pattern and begin to pick up speed. Once Siyeon feels that they are comfortable enough, she speaks.

"So you were just too shy to approach me when there were other people here, huh?" Siyeon asks.

Yoohyeon grins shyly, looking down for a moment at the moving ground beneath her feet. "Well, if you were to reject me, I wouldn't want anyone else to see."

Siyeon had to internally admit to herself that Yoohyeon had valid reasoning. "I would never have rejected you, though," she asserts.

"Good to know," Yoohyeon says, looking over with a smile.

"Do you go to Boca High?" Siyeon asks. It's the only other high school in the area, and since Siyeon has never seen Yoohyeon at her own school, it's a safe assumption.

"Yeah. You're at Polaris?"

"Yup."

The girls cease to speak for a while longer, enough words exchanged between them to elicit a comfortable silence. The summer sun slips ever faster towards the edge of the viewable sky, and the girls both seem to take notice, slowing a bit as their vision becomes more impaired with the loss of light and as they begin to realize that the shared moment won't last forever.

As the street lamps finally flicker on, Siyeon sighs. "I had better get home for dinner," she says, offering a half smile. "Can I walk you home first?"

Yoohyeon smiles softly. "I'd like that." She leads Siyeon to the edge of the fence where their belongings lay, and they get ready to leave in a resumed silence. Siyeon waits patiently for Yoohyeon, who takes longer than she does. She leans against the fence to watch the black- and blonde-haired girl, who finally stands up with an embarrassed smile etched on her face that expresses to Siyeon an apology before she can even open her mouth to offer a more proper verbal one, and Siyeon laughs gently.

"Don't worry, there's no rush."

Yoohyeon visibly relaxes, her smile widening into a grin at the reassurance. It gives her enough of a boost of confidence to reach out and take Siyeon's hand.

"I hope you don't mind if I change my mind about walking you home," Siyeon says as she holds the metal gate's door open for both of them. She turns her head just in time to watch Yoohyeon's face fall, and she almost regrets her decision to tease the young woman. "I'd like to take you to my house instead," she quickly adds, trying her hardest not to be obviously concerned as she studies Yoohyeon's face, which immediately lights back up, even brighter than before.

"That sounds even better," Yoohyeon grins. Siyeon waits while the black- and blonde-haired girl takes out her phone and sends a quick text before she pulls her close.

"Since all my memories with you are here," Siyeon says as her eyes flit all over Yoohyeon's face that is now inches away from hers, "let me do this one thing that I imagined right now, where I always pictured it."

Siyeon leans closer, her breath unstable and heavy as her lips connect quickly with Yoohyeon's. The black- and blonde-haired girl whines contentedly in response, her fingers flitting to Siyeon's waist and pulling their bodies so close together that Siyeon can feel Yoohyeon's wildly racing heartbeat with ease.

Siyeon pauses to catch her breath while her nose and forehead rest against Yoohyeon's own, and as the girls pant for a moment or two, they exchange loopy grins that give away their ecstasy. Siyeon leans in for one more quick peck before she takes Yoohyeon's hand again, trying her best to walk without stumbling giddily down the sidewalk towards her home, where she knows a decadent dinner with more than enough food to feed everyone who will be there will be waiting for them.

Siyeon looks over with a grin at Yoohyeon, who is already glancing back at her, and takes in the sight with the most contentedness that she has ever felt in her life. "I'm glad that you thought that I looked pretty today."