𝗴𝗮𝗵𝗺𝗶 | cabin 7

Ship: Dami, Gahyeon
Members Are:
In a Non-DC AU
Categories: Fluff, Romance
Summary: Gahyeon seeks shelter with Yubin from a rainstorm, who is more than happy to care for her fellow camp counselor in more ways than one.

Lee Yubin yawned quietly as she twirled a piece of embroidery thread between her fingers. Her head was propped up against her hand as she watched the child next to her expertly weave her own set of threads together the way that Yubin had instructed her to, and she could feel her eyes fluttering closed for a moment longer than a blink every so often.

Yubin loved children. It was fun for her to teach and play with them, hence why she had taken a job as a sleepaway camp counselor for the summer. But as of late, the unheated cabins had become a problem for Yubin as cool rains swept over the camp. She was a person who easily got cold, but she didn't have very many warm clothes or blankets with her. Besides, what Yubin really wanted was a person.

"Okay, time to wrap up, campers," Yubin announced in the cheeriest voice that she could muster as she glanced at the clock, which blessedly read five o'clock in the evening. "It's almost time for dinner."

Some assorted groans of protest echoed through the craft studio, as well as a couple cheers from some campers who were apparently more than happy to abandon their knotted messes that could hardly be called jewelry.

Yubin walked around the room, helping her charges finish their projects and, if they so desired, put them on themselves and their friends – or her. By the time that Yubin had made one circle around the studio, she had collected six bracelets, three on each of her slender wrists, and a necklace from one especially ambitious camper.

Yubin was just about to instruct the children to line up at the door so that she could lead them to the dining hall when someone burst into the studio. "It's raining really hard out there," a petite woman with lavender hair and a wide grin declared loudly, as if her dripping hair and soaked clothing did not indicate the obvious for her.

As her eyes swept over the young woman, Yubin inhaled sharply. The girl's beautiful figure was perhaps a little too visible under her wet t-shirt and shorts, and her slicked-back hair and smudged makeup appeared almost sexy. Yubin quickly shook her head. She was just lonely, she knew that about herself. She was sure that the moment would pass.

She was sure of that, anyways, until the young girl took another step forward. "I'm Lee Gahyeon," she said, speaking in a softer voice as she addressed Yubin. She gave the brunette a once-over of her own, one that made Yubin shiver. "You're Yubin, right? We didn't really get the chance to talk before the campers arrived."

"Y-Yeah," Yubin replied, her voice hardly above a whisper. She cleared her throat awkwardly before she continued. "Sorry. We were just about to head to dinner. Did you need this space for something? We'll be out of your way, if you do."

"I just wanted to get out of the rain," Gahyeon admitted with another brilliant smile. This time, as she looked at the thousand-watt beam, Yubin felt a sensation in her heart as though it was melting and dripping all the way down to her toes, making her weak in the knees as it did so.

"Oh," Yubin said softly after a moment, realizing that Gahyeon was expecting a reply. "What about dinner?"

"Yes, I should head over there too," Gahyeon murmured as she tossed her head over her shoulder to glance out the window. The clouds were still dark and it seemed as though it was raining harder than it had been only moments prior.

"I have an umbrella," Yubin offered suddenly. "You can walk with me."

"Really?" Gahyeon's face lit up as she turned back to Yubin. "I'd love to."