𝗷𝗶𝘆𝗼𝗼/𝘀𝘂𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗼𝗻 | immortal enemies

Parts: 4
Ships: SuA and Siyeon, JiU and Yoohyeon
Members Are: In a Fantasy AU
Categories: Angst, Fluff
Summary: Bora's curious best friend Yoohyeon is always getting them into trouble, but it's never before led them to meet anyone like Minji, Siyeon, Handong, Yubin, or Gahyeon, and Bora quickly begins to regret their adventure.

Part I

"Bboya!" Kim Yoohyeon called, her loosely wound silver curls bouncing on her shoulders as she ran on the narrow and overgrown path spread ahead of her, hardly caring any longer about the picnic basket slung over her forearm as she pushed through the brush of the woods. "Hurry up! You have to see this!"

Kim Bora brushed aside a vine that threatened to sink its thorny claw-like growth into her slender, pale arms, ignoring the fact that a different branch had already seemed to lodge itself into her flowing jet-black hair. "I'm coming, Yooh," she sighed, already feeling as though her best friend's ever-present and overflowing curiosity was going to send them spiraling into another round of trouble as it had so many times before.

It was only because Bora – better known to Yoohyeon as Bboya – loved and trusted Yoohyeon so much that she went along with the gorgeous (yet often scarred and bandaged as a result of one of her adventures) porcelain-skinned beauty's antics, as she had since they were children right up until the present moment, where they had now matured into young women fresh out of college and living together as roommates.

Any time that the girls had a shared day off, Yoohyeon insisted on doing something she determined would be fun. For Bora, that usually meant that she would be keeping a watchful eye on her puppy-like best friend while they climbed over fences, walked down unmarked roads, and peeked inside abandoned buildings. Usually, they would only do one of those things. But on this occasion, it appeared that Yoohyeon had half a mind to do all three.

It had started with what seemed to Bora like a wonderful – and most importantly, safe – idea: a relaxing, fun picnic in the sunshine at a hiking place not far from where they lived. Of course, she should have known that with Yoohyeon, such a simple suggestion would not be the end of it. No, Yoohyeon had ulterior motives, as she nearly always did. After their meal, she had immediately stood up and announced her plan: to explore the boarded-up castle accessible through the path in the woods just hidden from view next to the trailhead.

Bora cursed herself as she followed Yoohyeon through the thicket. Mostly, she cursed herself for going along with Yoohyeon's latest adventure idea, but she also cursed herself for everything from allowing Yoohyeon to have a phone with Internet access that allowed her to find such places to the cold noodles she had eaten at the picnic that did no good to warm her slender frame as the girls walked through the woods.

Perhaps luckily for her, however, they were now entering a clearing, and Bora raised her gaze as Yoohyeon stopped, standing stock still with a gaped mouth in awe as she looked straight ahead at the castle in front of them. No sunlight filtered onto the grounds, however, and Bora rubbed her half-bare arms as a shiver ran down her spine. A cloud had passed over the sun while they had been walking, and it looked like it wasn't going away any time soon.

Yoohyeon reached for her phone in her back pocket. "It looks just like the photos. I want to see..." she let her sentence trail off as she frowned at her phone screen, and Bora peeked over the taller girl's arm to see what the matter was.

"There's no cell service here," Bora pointed out factually.

"Yeah, thank you for mentioning that, Captain Obvious," Yoohyeon said, rolling her eyes at Bora. The girls had earned the nicknames Tom and Jerry from their mutual friends due to their sarcastic nature of speaking to one another, even though it was all out of love.