choice one

hello! this is my first fanfiction, so i hope it's not too bad. hope you like the story?
-xing

xiao pov:

i woke up to the sound of distant talking, which i assumed was my parents. i sat up, rubbing my eye. i looked over to the clock.."7 am." i recited to myself and i removed the covers from above me. i stood up, stretching my arms before walking to open my door.

i closed the door, then walking out into the hallway which led to the kitchen where i saw zhongli and childe attempting to make breakfast. zhongli looked over, seeing me. "ah, xiao. your up." with that, childe looked over at me as well. "oh, good morning buddy!" he smiled brightly like normal. "morning." i said walking over to the two. "i was supposed to make breakfast. did i wake up too late?" i questioned, seeing the burnt toast on the counter which made me cringe.

"we wanted to make something for you, but we got distracted and we burnt some things." zhongli sighed quietly, looked at the toast as well. childe ruffled my hair suddenly, making my jump. "if you are hungry, i can order something. i'm sure it wouldn't be too big of a wait." i shrugged. "whatever works for you guys." i stepped away, making childe remove his hand from me.

childe nodded, looking to zhongli. "what do you think? order?" zhongli nodded, kissing his forehead. i stared at them in annoyance. "seriously, you two need to go to your room.." i muttered, turning my body to walk out of the kitchen. "oh, xiao, your phones on the table charging!" childe pointed to the dinning room table where i saw my phone sitting. "thanks." i nodded, quickly grabbing a piece of bread (the ones they didn't burn..) before walking over.

i left them behind, grabbing my phone. i unplugged it, sitting down in one of the chairs next to me. i saw that ganyu and hu tao had been texting me. i opened my phone, reading what they where saying while finishing the piece of bread.

hu tao: "good morning everyone!!"

ganyu: "good morning hu tao."

hu tao: "where's xiao??"

ganyu: "im not sure, but he may not be answering. you know he doesn't like to text."

hu tao: "i know i know!! but tomorrow is the official start of school! aren't you excited?!"

ganyu: "yeah i'm excited. i think it'll be fun seeing everyone again. if i remember who they are.."

hu tao: "i forgot how bad your memory is!!"

ganyu: "yeah haha."

hu tao: "we should hangout today! the park near my house!! at 12??? i want to see you two!!"

ganyu: "sure. we'll see if xiao wants too."

hu tao: "of course he would want too! i don't know what your saying!!"

ganyu: "we'll see. i'm going to go eat breakfast so i'll text you later hu tao."

hu tao: "okay okay!! bye ganyu!!!"

ganyu: "goodbye."

i sighed responding with a quick, "ok." to their whole conversation and i shut my phone off standing up. "dad?" i called, childe looking over. "what's up buddy?" i walked over to the ginger, and started talking. "can you drive me to the park near hu tao's house? they want to hangout at 12." childe smiled with my request. "of course! just come get me when your ready." i nodded, looking up at zhongli who looked proud of me. i turned my head to looked down as i walked back into my room. i looked to my desk which had a couple neatly stacked papers and a pencil. it was my plan for the school year, and my plan for college. i guess i like to plan ahead.

i sat down, grabbing the pencil and grabbing one the papers labeled "time management". i started writing things related to the topic, leaning on my hand.

i'd been at it for a couple hours, and i had figured out my whole schedule with some unneeded breaks on my laptop. i suddenly heard a yell form childe. "xiao! it's 11:30! if you want it be there by 12, let's get going!" i sighed, standing up. "okay!" i yelled back, heading to my closet. i grabbed a long sleeve white shirt, and black pants which i ended up rolling up at the bottom. they where too long anyways. i grabbed a pair of long white socks and slipped on black converse over them. i looked at myself in the mirror before shrugging. "good enough.." i muttered. it was only hu tao and ganyu, basically my two sisters. hu tao being the more annoying one.

i opened my door to see childe grabbing his keys. he looked to me. "great, let's get going alright? grab your phone." i nodded walking past him to grab my phone. i looked back to see him give a quick kiss to zhongli before turning to the front door. "let's go buddy!" he opened the door and walked out, leaving it open for me. i walked out, waving to zhongli before closing it.

i opened the door of the car, hoping into the front seat. "are you sure you don't want to sit in the back?" childe teased. he observed my highly annoyed face before he snickered. he sat down in the drivers saying a quick sorry.i grabbed out my phone seeing hu tao texted "yay!! i'll see you both there soon<3"
i cringed at the heart..she was so weird sometimes.
childe started to drive, making me put down my phone. "which park was it?" he asked, waiting until i answered to keep driving. "mingyun park. the one by mingyun village." he nodded, stepping in the gas and he continued to drive.

somehow we got into a conversation, and the time passed quite fast. he stopped the car, turning to me. "well i hope you have fun buddy. text me when you need to be picked up okay? i trust you." he smiled.
i nodded, grabbing my phone and opening the car door, stepping out. "okay. love you dad." with that i closed the door, walking on the sidewalk to where me and my friends normally meet up.

bonus (*'*)

childe opened the door of his car, stepping out. he shut the car door, walking to the front yard and standing there for a moment. he smiled to himself remembering what xiao had said to him. "okay. love you dad."

zhongli stepped out onto the lawn seeing childe. "what are you doing darling?" he questioned stepping beside him, wrapping one arm around his husband.

"he hasn't said i love you to me in years. since he was little." childe smiled, looking at zhongli. zhongli stared at him for a moment before a small smile spread across his face. "i assume he said it then?" childe nodded. zhongli moved closer, kissing the other male. "i'm glad to hear it." he said after they parted. "let's head inside."

ah, we're finished with chapter one ahah. let's see how far i get with writing chapter two. it's 3:09 am i should probably get some sleep. i'll update soon enough, ehe.
-xing