choice eleven

"I need to meet hu tao and ganyu, and after that I'm seeing venti." xiao said, looking up at Zhongli who was pouring some of his favourite wine. Zhongli nodded.

"okay, remember to be home not too late, Childe and I will be here all night so if you get home late-" xiao sighed.

 "I know I know, you'll know if I try to sneak in past 1 am." Zhongli smiled lightly, setting down the bottle of osmanthus wine. 

"if you're visiting hu tao and ganyu before venti, I'm pretty sure childe is wrapping one last present for you, so just be home for a quick moment in between so he can give it to you, since it's on your way." xiao thought for a moment before nodding. 

"sure. I think venti had a couple things he wanted to give me, so we may be there longer." Zhongli picked up his glass and sat on one of the stools to their island counter. 

"okay, be safe xiao." the boy nodded, walking up the stairs to change and grab everyone presents he bought. or..for someone- made. he grabbed 3 bags of presents, and he set them on his desk before turning to his closet and picking a simple outfit to wear. it was snowing a little- so he picked black jeans with high tops. he grabbed a teal long sleeve shirt which was a little baggy- but he didn't mind. it had the band name of "L/YUE" on the back and the arms of the shirt. it was the band ganyu used to be in, so he wears it often. he slipped on a black puffy coat over his shirt and he flipped the hood up and over his head. he looked back to his desk again and he stared at the picture.

"..."

he shook his head, walking over and grabbing the bags. "it's too late to say goodbye now. so there's no use thinking about it."

he walked out of his room saying bye to Childe who was in his room supposedly wrapping his last present. he ran downstairs and he waved to Zhongli. 

"isn't it snowing? are you sure you won't be cold?" Zhongli said, worried about his sons outfit choice.

 "it's not like we're staying outside," xiao said, looking out the window. "I'll be fine." he opened the door, waving to his father. he took out his phone once he started walking, and he called hu tao.

the phone rang for not even a second before hu tao answered.

"xiao! are you coming? I hear the cars passing you!" she said happily through the phone.

 "yeah, I am." xiao said simply, looking each way before crossing the road. "is ganyu there yet?" he asked, hu tao humming. 

"she just made it. her mom is stick around- just talking to my dad. they're going to be downstairs while we're upstairs." xiao hummed. 

"i'll be there maybe in 10? maybe more im not sure.." he said, looking at the piling snow. 

"okay!! see you soon xiao!" xiao pulled the phone from his ear and he hung up. "see you soon.." he muttered, looking out in front of him again.

'''
hu tao tied her final bow on her gift and huffed. "he better be happy, this present took forever." she said, removing her gaze from the box and she looked to ganyu. 

"what did you get him?" ganyu looked down at her neatly wrapped gift, and she looked back at hu tao. 

"it's something simple...i'm not sure he'll like it actually." hu tao chuckled. "he's liked your presents every year, i'm not sure what your talking about!" ganyu smiled softly and she stood up from her sitting position. 

"yeah, maybe you're right. what did you get him?" hu tao held up her box, and she smiled. 

"i got him new headphones! he said his other ones broke, and he hadn't told mr. zhongli or childe yet because they'd buy him in immediately. so, i bought him a new pair!" ganyu chuckled.