choice sixteen

Xiao stood up, and without another word started walking to the door. 

"Xiao!" venti called, xiao looking back. venti stared for a moment before talking again. 

"You know, you really suck at this," venti looked down, his tears starting to slow down once again. "don't say that again." xiao's gaze remained on venti. 

"okay." he had nothing else to say- he already knew he had moved too fast, he already knew you can't yell at people, act like you never want to see them again, and then a couple hours later say you love them. it's not how it works, but he never knew how it worked. he knew he was in love with venti way before he could have pin-pointed it.

falling in love was hard. and neither of them wanted to fall in love with each other. for totally different reasons, they didn't want to tell each other. but in different ways, they already did.

the door shut, leaving venti by himself again. he looked to his right arm, seeing the IV not in the appropriate spot. he started to fiddle with it before the door opened again. 

"venti!" venti looked up, seeing hu tao jumping onto his bed. 

"h-hu tao!" ganyu called, trying to pull her off the bed. venti stared at them both before realising he hadn't said a thing to them yet. 

"Ganyu, and hu tao! great to see you both. sorry about that before-.." he trailed off, but hu tao quickly began speaking again. 

"nuh uh! no issues! and and what happened with xiao? he-" ganyu quickly covered hu tao's mouth, scared she might say more than she should.  

"xiao?" he got slightly worried what he said may have affected xiao in a way it was bad. ganyu nodded.

 "xiao had just left, and he waved at us-which is different for him, yet he still.." ganyu sighed, letting hu tao go. 

"it's nothing. we came here to see you, i can call xiao when i get home. if he's still awake by then." venti looked at the two and sighed. 

"i guess if he knows, you two do as well." ganyu looked back to venti, with a hint of confusion in her ryes. 

"he? you mean xiao?" venti closed his eyes before asking a question. 

"do you know where my mom is?" ganyu nodded. 

"she's nodding off in the chair outside." venti sighed, knowing it was probably well past 11 at night. 

"well besides that," hu tao said, 

"what secrets have you been hiding from us?" she asked eagerly- clearly wanting to know.

--

"i see." ganyu said in a normal tone, looking down to hu tao who was slowly drifting into sleep-yet still trying to listen. "so do you prefer ven or venti?" venti looked up at ganyu and smiled. 

"ven is fine, i should stop taking his name." ganyu nodded, sitting onto the bed finally. 

"about xiao, ven," venti nodded, telling her to continue. 

"he did tell me one thing while we where passing each other." venti got weirdly nervous in those moment between her sentences. why? he wasn't sure himself. 

"he said he knew nothing about love," venti's face softened as he heard that. he knew that xiao must have never fallen in love- no normal person would have done what he did today. he was confusing, and venti didn't understand him at all. 

 "so with what i've taken from this situation," ganyu looked at venti. "you two like each other?" her voice was calm, yet it seemed a bit on the worried side. venti looked at her and sighed, a hint of defeated laughter within. 

"you got me." ganyu nodded, looking down at hu tao who was asleep with her head on her arms. ganyu placed her hand onto hu tao's hand, leaving it there for her own comfort. 

"i basically told him to never say it again, and that he shouldn't have said anything." ganyu closed her eyes. 

"but you like him, right?" venti leaned his head back, the exhaustion of the fever catching up with him. 

"...i do, yet i can't admit it." ganyu looked to venti, a soft smile appearing on her face. 

"ven..he loves you."

+

"are you sure he's okay to leave?" jean asked worried, the nurse nodding her head and taking off her medical mask. 

"just keep ven hydrated, i'm sure she's- i...i mean he's sick still- but nothing to be hospitalised for." the nurse stuttered. jean looked back at venti who was sitting in a chair with a blanket over him. she looked back, bowing her head to the new stationed nurse ahead. 

"okay, thank you." the nurse nodded, a smile appearing before she turned her back to Jean and started on her way down the hallway. venti looked up at Jean, putting a smile to his face. 

"i'm okay, really." jean sighed, walking over and handing venti a hand. 

"let's get home then, Klee has been waiting for you to get home. she's worried." venti flipped the blanket onto his back, and held it like a cape with one hand. he grabbed jeans hand with the other, standing up and not letting go. 

"i'd like to see klee.." he said, yawning with only 2 steps forward. jean let out a short laugh. 

"well let's go then."

eventually, venti got into his car, slouching in the front seat while jean started up the vehicle. he grabbed his phone from his pocket (which hu tao and ganyu had given back to him yesterday night.) and looked at the texts displayed on his phone.

big brother albedo <3:

"ven, i hope you're feeling better this morning. Mom told me you'd most likely be sent home today, Klee and I are waiting. we love you." 
[sent at 9:08 a.m.]

problem solver ganyu:

"hope you got some sleep last night."
[sent at 6:34 a.m.]

ghost tao:

"hiya! sorry i fell asleep yesterday..i'll make it up to you by treating you! tell me when you want to hangout, i'll buy you breakfast, lunch, or even dinner!"
[sent at 8:01 a.m.]

cute emo boy:

"venti? ganyu called me and said you had a fever. i'm sorry for what i said, i hope you're okay." [sent yesterday at 9:54 p.m.]

"you're in the hospital? what's happening to you? "
[sent yesterday at 10:04 p.m.]

"i'm sorry."

[sent at 3:38 a.m.]

+

heyheyhey DOUBLE UPDATE MAUYGAAGGA i'm listening to my xiao and venti playlist, why did i put sad songs ;-; anyways, hope you're all doing okay, and YES I KNOW THEY WHERE JUST YELLING AT EACHOTHER THEN XIAO SUDDENLY CONFESSED AND YOU MAY BE THINKING "xIng, ThiS iS wAy too fAsT!" butbutbutbut my friends, xiao yelled at venti, saying some nasty stuff, but he knew he was till in love with him.

i just realised i said that this chapter would be about xiao, but i'm sorry ;-; next chapter is- i hope anyways.

WOHOHOHO FIRST DOUBLE UPDATE AT 11:13 AT NIGHTTT

- your favourite author xing ;P