choice thirteen

for both our sakes, when i refer to venti i mean alive venti. ven is his name, but i'm not going to start calling him ven because that'll be confusing ;-; 
________

"you're not venti.." xiao stood up, backing away from the figure ahead of him. 

"you liar!" venti looked up, a tear falling from his eyes- yet he was still smiling. that smile. 

"i'm so sorry xiao." xiao stood dumbfounded at venti. 

"why would you?!" venti's smile finally faded as he looked down. 

"he was my twin. how do you think i could-i couldn't.." xiao gridded his teeth as anger started to build up. 

"you damn liar!" he yelled, venti quickly raising his head. 

"xiao-" xiao walked angrily over to the door grabbing the handle. 

"i don't ever want to see you again." he said firmly, walking through the door and shutting it loudly. he ran down the stairs, grabbing his shoes before he heard a voice behind him. 

"xiao? what did-" xiao slipped his high tops on. 

"quiet." he said, knowing it was jean. jean paused, looking up the stairs at venti's room. xiao stood up after his shoes where tied, and he opened the front door, walking out- leaving jean to close the door. she was stopped in the middle of the hallway. 

"what just happened?" she questioned, walking to the door and pushing it closed. she sighed, walking up the stairs. she looked to venti's door, and she opened it. 

"ven?" she looked the the bed, seeing venti on his knees-tears falling rapidly from his face. 

"ven!" jean said, in a state of panic. she ran over, setting her hands on his shoulders. 

"what happened? what did he do?" venti didn't answer, just leaned his head on his mother's head. jean set a hand on his head, the other rubbing comforting circles around his back. she looked around, seeing a picture of xiao and venti laying on the floor. 

"ven.." jean said, looking down at her remaining son. "ven, im so sorry." she said, leaning her head on his. venti raised his head, making jean have to raise hers. 

"why does everything end badly?" jean paused, looking at her sons eyes. "they all leave me.." jean clenched her fists, and stood up. 

"ven please, stop lying to yourself." venti followed her actions. 

"you're not venti." venti's eyes darted to the photo. 

"you're ven! you and venti where never the same!" venti stood up again, looking to jean with a smile. 

"i know." with that he walked out of the room, leaving jean alone. 

"you've even adapted his smile," jean covered her face. "why did this happen to you, ven?"

+

venti slipped his foot in a pair of flip flops and walked towards the front door. 

"brother?" venti paused, turning his head to face klee. "isn't it too cold to go outside?" she asked, referring to his shorts and t-shirt. venti chuckled, crouching down. 

"yes klee, i'll be perfectly fine." klee smiled, awaiting her head pats from her older brother. venti sighed, setting his hand on his sisters head and patting. 

"there there, i'll be back." klee looked at her brother and nodded. 

"i saw that xiao left," klee said, venti's smile fading. 

"he was crying! why was he crying?" venti paused before answering again. 

"he was crying?" klee nodded. 

"he seemed very mad when he left, but he was crying. so maybe sad?" venti nodded, leaning forward and kissing klee's forehead. 

"thank you klee." klee's face brightened as she nodded. 

"yes! bye-bye big brother! don't get sick like last time!" venti stood up, waving his hand before he opened the door, and slipped out. he closed the door behind him and started walking. he didn't have a place he wanted to go, and xiao was too far ahead to chase. venti clenched his fists. it was a bad idea to tell him, yet he did it anyway. why? did xiao even realize? venti looked in front of him, the snow falling still. he trudged his feet, starting to get cold already.

 "why does everything end this.." he sighed, continuing walking.

+

"no ganyu, this plush is SPECIAL." hu tao hugged, ganyu smiling. 

"yeah? i bet it is. but even so-" ganyu leaned off the windowsill for a second. "is that venti?" hu tao stood up, running over with the ghost plushie still in her hands. 

"huh? oh it is! why is he out here with with a shirt and shorts? jeez!" ganyu turned around, walking out of hu tao's room with the other girl following behind. 

"venti?" ganyu called, the boy pausing. 

"hey what's wrong venti?!" hu tao yelled, running up to him. venti turned, a smile on his face. 

"nothing. i'm just out for a walk." ganyu hummed, clearly not believing him. 

"your probably freezing. why are you out here alone without warm clothes on?" hu tao nodded in agreement. 

"yeah! you might catch a cold!" venti shook his head. 

"no, really i'm alright. im just getting my mind off something...." hu tao frowned. 

"on christmas? come on venti, come inside! i'm sure it was cold inside your house too, considering your wearing shorts and a t-shirt..." venti stared at her for a moment before sighing. 

"fine..i'm thinking of maybe going soon though..i've just been walking in circles for im not sure how long.." ganyu investigated venti's face, frowning when he looked off. 

"are you alright? you look pale." ganyu pointed out, hu tao walking closer. 

"venti, venti!" hu tao called, the boy stopping his responses. 

"hu tao bring him inside can you?" hu tao nodded, starting to get worried for her friend. 

"come on ven-" hu tao reached forward, steadying the boy who was seemed very tired, his eyes closing for long periods then opening for a few seconds. hu tao started to panic, bringing his arm above her shoulders. ganyu remained calm, as she usually did, but she was still a little scared for venti. she started walking, pointing to the door. 

"come on hu tao, get him inside. we can ask him what happened later.
hu tao agreed, nodding. 

"okay."

+

okay, one last time.

jean had twins, ven and venti. venti was older, but he died in a car crash in middle school. ven, his younger twin, was stuck now alone. to cope with his twins death, he started going by venti and he started acting like him. it was his only way he could stand his loss. (a little messed tbh but??)

VEN IS KNOWN AS VENTI TO XIAO, HU TAO, AND GANYU.

okay! i hope that's all cleared up. thank you all for the support >:( i wanted to do a double update, but i'm too cold atm ;-; it's freezing, and it's raining rn,,,i'm sitting under my schools tent before i walk home. ARGGG THIS IS SO BAD
anyways, hope you're all having a good day :D

- xingg