choice five

xiao opened his eyes, sitting up. the sun shown through venti's curtains, and he looked to the bed, seeing the other boy still sleeping. he removed the blankets from his body, standing up. he walked to venti's desk grabbing his phone. he saw a text from zhongli. "good morning xiao! i know it's early..6 am, but i can pick you up in 20 minutes. be ready." it was sent 10 minutes ago. xiao looked up from his phone remembering it was school this morning. "how annoying." he thought, grabbing his clothes form the floor. he opened the door quietly, stepping out. he walked through the dark hallway until he found the bathroom door. he opened it, stepping inside to change.

a moment later, he stepped out, one hand trying to brush though his hair as he walked. "oh, xiao?" xiao looked up, seeing ganyu standing. he flinched, stepping back. "g-ganyu..you scared me." he said putting his hand to his head. ganyu laughed quietly, walking towards xiao. "good morning." xiao nodded. "do you want us to drive you home?" ganyu shook her head. "my moms picking me up." she smiled, walking past xiao to the bathroom. "alright." xiao said, walking back to venti's room to set his clothes down.

he looked to venti, and continued to stare at him. his braids where undone, his longer pieces of hair wavy due to his hair constantly being in braids. he looked peaceful..very peaceful.
"xiao?" xiao flinched, turning his head violently towards the sound. he saw hu tao, standing the the doorway, bags under her eyes. "when did you go to bed?" he said, standing up. hu tao shrugged. "I went to bed when i saw ganyu was asleep..but i woke up and just texted yanfei." she giggled, looking at xiao again. "so, what happened with you and venti here?" she looked to venti who was still sleeping. xiao rolled his eyes. "nothing." he said walking over to her and staring. "you need to fix your hair." hu tao made a "hmph" sound and crossed her arms. "yeah whatever."

venti suddenly raised his head. "guys?" he said staring at the two of them bickering. they both looked over at him, hu tao waving and xiao just staring. "good morning!" hu tao said happily. venti smiled. "yeah! morning to you two as well!" with that, he removed the blankets and stood up, stretching his arms.

"well my dad is going to be here soon.." xiao said looking at venti and hu tao. hu tao looked over. "which one? mr. zhongli or chide?" xiao looked at venti quickly before responding. "zhongli." hu tao nodded. "okay! my future boss!" she smiled, walking towards venti. she leaned in, whispering in his ear. "you see, his father childe is a money maker. if you want anything from xiao, childe can buy it. just ask him." she winked, leaving venti the stare in surprise at the girl. xiao sighed heavily, turning around. "you suck hu tao." he said, walking to go down the stairs. hu tao giggled, following the other boy leaving venti alone in his room.

venti chuckled, walking over to his closet and grabbing his uniform. the boys uniform consisted of a white button up, and dark blue pants or shorts, but for venti, he modified it a little. as he closed the door, he changed into the shorts and button up, tying a little bow using ribbon around his neck. he grabbed a green hat, (exactly like the one he wears in the game) he quickly tied his longer hair in tight braids.

he looked in the mirror feeling pleased with his appearance. he put on long white socks and he opened his door to put on his shoes downstairs. as venti was going down the stairs, he saw xiao leaving my house, ganyu and hu tao waiting for their rides. "i feel bad, they still have to go all the way home and then to school." venti thought.

xiao turned to venti, waving before turning and walking off with his dad. hi tao looked to venti starting a conversation. "i like your outfit venti!" she smiled, ganyu nodding. venti smiled, thanking her. as they continued to talk, ganyu turned her head, seeing both their parents pull up. ganyu tapped his tao's shoulder, sooner or later both of them had left, leaving venti alone.

___

venti walked into the building. it was very large for a high school, it seemed more like a college. venti looked around, some one specific catching his eye. he saw xiao, in the normal boys outfit, yet he looked better than everyone surrounding him. he suddenly looked to venti, something catching his eye.

venti pov:

"he's wearing makeup." i though, looking at the bit of red eye shadow surrounding the corner of both his eyes. it's not noticeable, just enough to give his face color. i smiled, waving at him. the girls looked over at me, confused in how we knew each other. "xiao xiao!" i said, walking over to him and clinging onto his arm, giving death stares to each of the girls. they eventually all left, leaving the two in the hallway. xiao put his hand to cover his face in embarrassment.

 "venti..what?" he said, his ears showing to be red. venti giggled. "what? you liked their company? you seemed uncomfortable." xiao removed his hand and nodded. "i was, but still.." he sighed, me eventually letting go. "hu tao and ganyu are over there, go annoy them." he said, pointing to the two girls. hi tao had her hair in her normal long pigtails, a big black hat on her head that she took off, stuffing in her locker at the moment. she had the normal uniform on, but had a thing red ribbon tied around her neck in a knot. ganyu was wearing a headband, and the normal uniform. they where talking as hu tao laughed at ganyu's words. "venti, stop staring. if you want to talk to them, do so. if not, class's if about to start so we should get going anyways." i looked at him and chuckled. "yes sir."

___

hello hello, i'm sorry about the delay in this chapter, i've been busy. i'm hoping i'll still have time to update for those of you who want it. the next chapter is going to be school, so i'll get on writing that. i know so far this is like any other xiaoven fanfiction..but don't worry, i have some trick up my sleeve. thank you all for reading (and the veiws what the heck) and have a great day!
-xing

word count: 1178