choice twenty two

"Welcome back to school everyone!" Kaeya said, a happy grin on his face. Venti leaned his head onto his head, looking outside the window at the blue sky. 

He hadn't really been focusing this morning, he couldn't put a finger on why he was so distracted. Even so, he ignored any possible distractions since it was a Monday morning. 

"We have no announcements, except for the student council has put down a couple rules since break has ended." The man continued talking, Venti's mind blocked him out. 

"yaksha..yuuki..he must be in town here." His eyes narrowed at the possibility of even running into him. "What's the chances?" he shrugged it off, looking back to Kaeya who was pointing at the board with some of his rules written down. He stared at the board, trying to focus on the stuff he missed the minutes he was spaced out.

+

"Ventiii!" Hu tao called, making the boy turn his head away from the book in his locker. 

"Hey Hu tao!" He smiled, The girl handing out a present. 

"Here! We didn't see you at Christmas, so I have my present now!" Venti gave a laugh. 

"Right! My present is here for you." Hu tao beamed with happiness as they both took each others gifts. 

"Thank you Venti! I have to get to Band or I'll get in trouble again, but I'll open it there!" Venti waved as Hu Tao ran off. He gave a happy sigh, turning and placing the small bag in his locker so he could open it later.

He walked down the hallway, it being his free period after all. He usually took the time to study, or read, but his mind was too busy thinking about Yuuki again. 

"I know Xiao will dislike me thinking so much about it, but we're dating!" He sighed loudly, catching the attention of a fellow 11th grader. Venti waved, trying to brush off his embarrassing moment. 

"What am I supposed to do?" He held his books tighter, looking through the library he had just entered. 

"..We aren't even dating.'"He remembered, and he can't help but feel upset. 

"Why aren't we official? It wasn't the wrong moment to ask me." He expected Xiao to ask him out, just because he admitted his feelings first. There's no other logic to the situation, that's it. 

"Gunnhildr," Venti jumped, quickly turning his head in a panic. The student stepped back, surprised by the boys sudden movement. 

"A-ah.." He stuttered, feeling bad about scaring the girl. "Sorry." he apologised, the girl shaking her head. 

"No problem. I had a question for you." Venti stepped towards the study table he was standing by. He set his books down, smiling at the girl. 

"Sure! What do you need?" Venti leaned against the table, looking at the girl while she stared talking.

She had long light blue hair, like Ganyu. It was held in a ponytail, with a weirdly tied bow. She had bangs, and the shorter pieces of hair at her side where tied near the ends with pink ribbon. She has snow blue eyes, and her expression was soft. 

Her uniform was a white button-up shirt, and her skirt was knee length. Venti also noticed two things in her hand, a folded fan, and a letter. 

"I'm Kamisato Ayaka," She stated, Venti moving his gaze back towards the girls face. 

"Nice to meet you Kamisato, I'm Venti Gunnhildr." Ayaka nodded, knowing the name. 

"I know, you're vice-student council president." Her voice was smooth, and pretty. Venti smiled. 

"I am!" Ayaka's face slowly turned a shade of pink. 

"Do you know a student named Yoimiya?" Venti looked down, thinking of the student she asked for. 

"Oh," He looked back up. "Naganohara Yoimiya?" He asked, the girl nodding quickly. 

"Yes! She's part of the student council, she's in charge of the fireworks for the end of the year show." That rang a bell. 

"Oh yeah! She's the one who's family owns a firework shop. Naganohara Fireworks right?" Ayaka nodded with a gentle smile. 

"I actually wanted to give her something, but the student council asked me to leave once I got there. We can't hangout anytime soon, and I haven't had the opportunity to give her this. Would it be too much of an inconvenience for you to quickly give her the letter?" She held out a letter, wrapped nicely without any writing on the envelope.

Venti smiled, taking the letter in his hand. 

"No issues here! I have a meeting today at 4:30 today. Can it be given that late?" Ayaka nodded happily. 

"That would work great. Thank you again Gunnhildr." She bowed her head, Venti setting a hand on top, and patting her head once before the girl stood up. 

"Call me Venti!" He added, waving as Ayaka walked away with a smile. Once she left, Venti averted his gaze back to the letter. 

"Yoimiya..I haven't talked to her before. This'll be fun!" He grabbed his books from the table beside him, and he slipped the letter in one of his notebooks. He moved the books to one arm, taking his phone out with the other. 

"Only 10." Venti complained, walking out of the neatly organised library. "Xiao should get out of band early." He thought, walking randomly to Xiao's band room to see him once he got out.

He walked along the music rooms, seeing room 301. He smiled, turning the nob with his free hand and peeking in the room. He saw a couple recognisable students, Like Kazuha and Thoma. He hadn't seen them for a while. He then spotted Xiao in the back, who was holding his Flute. Venti knew what flute it was, his brother had told him all about it once he had gotten back from giving it to Xiao. 

"So he kept it." Venti couldn't help but feeling a bit upset. For no reason, he just didn't want Xiao to have something that reminded him of Venti. "Xiao, go ahead we're listening now."

"♫"

+

so it's finished

i've maybe been procrastinating for like

6 days

sorry for not posting, i have a math test tmr (pls save me)

and my studying is lacking LMAO

SO UH

YEAH

next chapter should come soon hopefully- love you all ❀