choice for 10k

"ah! we're here~" Venti chirped happily, leading Xiao into the entrance of the festival. the entrance had people packed from side to side, wearing formal festival wear. Xiao's eyes explored the area, seeing no one he knew here. He expected Hu Tao to be here with Yanfei, but at least it was just him and Venti for the time being. Venti looked back, seeing Xiao's golden eyes switch from place to place. "Xiao!" Xiao's eyes immediately met with his. they stared at each other for a moment and Venti stopped. "You're pretty." Xiao's face turned a dark shade of red. "Stop it." Venti giggled, leaving Xiao to get even more flustered at the sound of the joyful laugh. "I mean it!"

 He suddenly started moving again, his braids getting blown around in the subtle wind. Xiao walked a bit quicker, so he could be side by side with Venti. He looked around again, seeing different vendors selling foods from all over Teyvat. There's somethings from the nation Inazuma, a nation some of his "friends" had come from, including Kazuha. 

He turned his gaze back to venti, looking at his face. His eyes where lit up by the lights of the festival, making the teal colour more vibrant. The shorter boy looked back in front of him, a sudden pull making him almost have a meeting with the floor. He shot his head p, looking at Venti who had pulled him aside to look at something. "Venti! You can't pull me like that, I'll fall." He said, a hint of annoyance planted in his voice. Venti giggled, Xiao's small bit of annoyance seemingly disappearing. "Jeez. What did you want to see anyways?" Xiao looked over the table, seeing the vendor trying to sell his items. Xiao Lanterns. Venti smiled, pointing at two of them, the vendor nodding before kneeling down and grabbing two lanterns for the both of them. "You two came a bit late! Everyone is heading to set these lanterns go."

Xiao looked at Venti, whose face was..a soft smile. "Alright mister! Thank you! How much?" He asked, insisting that he'd pay for the lanterns. The man shook his head with a chuckle. "No! You two have fun. You'll miss setting it off if you linger at the station any longer. Go enjoy setting off the lanterns, youngsters!" Xiao bowed his head, reminded just now of the true kindness of the people in this world. "Thank you, Sir.." Xiao said awkwardly, Venti still not having these "Free Lanterns". "Take it !" Venti huffed, slamming two 1000 mora bills on the table. "Hey-" The man started, but venti had already started walking away, handing one lantern to Xiao as they walked. "Thank you mister!" Venti waved with a smile on his face. 

Xiao sighed, taking the Xiao Lantern from Venti's hand. "What're we doing with these?" He asked, Venti linking arms with him. "We're going to set them off! Right now." He started walking a bit faster, pulling Xiao along with him. "Uh- sure, whatever you want to do." Xiao nodded, following Venti by his side. They followed the groups  of people, couples, families, and even friends where here gathered at the festival. Xiao inhaled, holding his breath as Venti calmly walked through crowds of people like it was nothing. After what felt like an eternity walking to the cliff, they made it, and people let Venti through past them- because of that cheeky little smile of his. He's good at getting away with things. Venti finally stopped, at the edge of the cliff. Not many people dared to get close, because of the fear of falling into the Ocean right below. It's Liyue, we have a lot of Ocean around us. 

Venti let go of Xiao's arm and walked close to the edge, sitting down at the very cliff, letting his feet dangle. Xiao stood behind him, as he heard the whispers of the people behind him. "Venti." The boy turned his head, making it known to Xiao he was listening. "It's..unsafe. Come stand with me instead." Venti smiled. "Shh," He turned back, admiring the sky. "Ignore the danger. It's not like I'd fall, right?" Xiao stared at his backside, then looked at the Lantern the boy was holding. He turned his gaze to his own Xiao Lantern, and he sighed. "Let's make a wish," He added, seeing the few Lanterns being set off. Venti looked at him, and laughed wholeheartedly. "I've already made mine! C'mon, you make yours." Xiao looked at his lantern, the yellow color catching his eyes. He closed his eyes, sighing once he opened them. "I made mine, c'mon." Venti stood up, taking step to be beside Xiao. "Alright! Hopefully our wishes come true!" He cheered, Xiao's face softening. "Yeah." He agreed, letting go of his Lantern, and Venti quickly let go of his after. "Hooray!" He cheered, hugging the shorter boy beside him. 

Xiao wrapped his arms around Venti too, embracing him in a warm hug. Soon after, the sky was filled with thees Lanterns- full of peoples wishes. Xiao turned his head towards the sky, watching all the Lanterns float higher and higher. "They're almost as pretty as you." Venti's calm remark made the smaller boy go red. "Shut up.." He muttered, letting go of the hug with Venti. "Don't say that stuff." He said, admiring Venti's happy face. "Come on! But it's true right?" Xiao rolled his eyes, looking back to the sky. He stared for a moment before there cam a loud boom- catching them both off guard. 

"Oh! Everyone lets go to the higher cliff!" A lot of crowd members yelled, and a second later they all ran off to get a higher look at the newly set off fireworks. Venti stared at the now empty cliff- in shock. "Where did they go??" He almost yelled, looked around. Xiao shrugged, not really caring that everyone had left. It meant a better experience for him and Venti. "Our lanterns," Xiao said, catching Venti's attention again. "What did you wish for?" He asked, looking at the fireworks, which where seemingly getting louder. "Haha! I can't tell you!" He laughed, putting his hands behind his back. "Oh, alright." Xiao said calmly, looking at the fireworks, which he had just recently figured out where made by Yoimiya and her Firework shop. "Well i wished for-" 

There was a sudden boom- lighting off the biggest firework yet that night. Venti looked at Xiao, waiting for his final answer. "Never mind." He said, looking at Venti. "Come on, sit down with me." Xiao sat down at the edge again, not talking after he sat. "Alright." Venti smiled, sitting down right beside him. He leaned his head against the shorter boy and sighs quietly. "I love you Xiao."  Xiao continued looking at the fireworks with an unchanged expression. "Mhm, me too." 

                                                              My wish was to stay with you.

thank you all for 10,000 reads. i'm sufjsangkmm

honestly, this book was made for fun, but now it's like a job- it's something i have to try my best on each chapter, and post the best quality writing i can. i've bene reading my friends writing, and i realize how far behind i am with writing. being at 10k is a hug motivator for me, and i'm so so happy people are reading my things. thank you all- so much. i'm just- so happy. super super happy people read my stuff. TvT

the idea for the firework in this chapter came from @theanonymoustraveler so thank you a lot !! 

thank you all again for the 10k reader mark- i'm really happy TvT 

I'LL DO MY BEST ON THESE NEXT REMAINING CHAPTERS-

- xing <3