choice three

hu tao pov:

i looked back from talking with albedo to see xiao talking with the neighbor kid. he suddenly looked down as i saw a bit of red appear upon his ears. i stared at him before saying a quick "be right back" to albedo and walking towards my friend. "hey!" i said putting my hand on xiao's shoulder, making him look at me. "im hu tao! your venti right?" i smiled looking at the kid with braided hair.

he stared at me for a moment before nodding hesitantly. "well that girl is ganyu! she has really bad memory so don't feel bad if she forgets you." ganyu in that moment looked at me with that seriously innocent face. "as you know this is xiao, out emojis gamer boy who's seriously good at school." venti's eyes made his way to xiao, staring at him while xiao looked back down clearly embarrassed. venti nodded . "okay. i'm going to head up stairs uh-" he started walking backwards before someone else came running down the stairs. "jean!!" she yelled, her curly pigtails bouncy as she ran down the stairs.

she paused when she saw a bunch of kids and no jean. venti looked at her before smiling kindly. "hi aunt barbra. jean is in the kitchen probably." she nodded asking down and patting venti's head. "thank you." she then walked past us walking towards the kitchen to find her sister. venti then turned back to us. "are you guys planning to stay-" i suddenly interrupted her with an excited voice. "we just came to say hi! we'll see you tomorrow anyways right??" he nodded hesitantly as he turned towards the stairs. he wave at me and ganyu and then he looked to xiao. "bye xiao." he smiled at him before walking up stairs.

i stared at him before looking at xiao and putting both my hands on his shoulder violently shaking him. "xiao! he said goodbye to you personally! dude he's totally into you!" i saw xiao's face get red as he hit my head. "ack!" i yelled covering my head from him. ganyu looked over from klee to us. "what happened?" albedo looked up as well as i looked to them. "xiao hit me.." i pouted.

xiao pov:

i crossed my arms after slapping hu tao, closing my eyes for a moment before looking at the stairs to where venti had run off to. i turned to hu tao and ganyu and walked over. "we should probably take out leave. we've probably over stayed our stay." i suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. i turned, stepping away from the figure who was jean. she retracted her hand, laughing awkwardly. "it's not problem. i have no problem with you guys staying. if venti's up for it you guys could stay the ni-" hu tao jumped at the opportunity to stay the night at someone's house. "i'll call my dad then! i'm sure he's let me!" jean waved her hands. "wait a moment i have to ask venti.."

as jean walked upstairs to ask her son about us staying the night, i took the phone out of my pocket, calling zhongli. it took him a minute to answer but responded with his normal serious tone. "hello?" i looked to hu tao, who was eagerly waiting for a response from my dad. "hey father. i have a question..can i stay the night at a...friends house.." i said, not really wanting to call venti a friend right away. zhongli stayed silent for a moment before chuckling. "im glad to hear this xiao. of course you can. just call childe in the morning so he can pick you up. okay?"

"'kay." i took the phone form my ear, hanging up the phone. hu tao stared at me, waiting for the answer. "yes hu tao..i can stay the night at a strangers house." i said clearly annoyed at her, and the fact i wasn't prepared at all for a sleepover at some kids house. ganyu walked in, as she had gone outside to call her mom. "i-i can stay.." she said quietly, walking behind me and staying there. hu tao raised both of her hands happily. "ahah! this'll be so fun!!" jean walked down the stairs, wearing a happy smile on her face. "okay, here's the deal you guys." jean was clearly comfortable with us, maybe it was because hu tao was her neighbor. or maybe it was because we're in the same grade as her oldest son. what the reason was, i'm not sure.

"venti's room is too small to house all four of you, so at max two extra people can fit in there. we have an guest room for anyone who wants to sleep in there. i'll give you guys the liberty to decide with venti." she
smiled, walking over to klee and picking her up with a small amount of whining from the small girl.

hu tao led the way up the stairs, me being last to walk up. pig tails barged into every room looking for venti's. when she did, she looked back to revive praise, while all she got was blank stares and a slightly passed off face. she chuckled awkwardly and walked in. venti looked up form what he was writing. we all three walked in, venti setting his pencil down. hu tao sat down on the ground immediately starting the topic. "i want to sleep with ganyu in the guest room! do you and xiao can share this room!" she smiled happily, turning to ganyu with a 'go with me plan' smile. ganyu nodded. "y-yeah, i'll sleep with ganyu." xiao stared at the two, knowing exactly what they where doing due to hu tao's remark earlier. (when she said venti's into him.) venti stared at hu tao, then looked at me. "i'm..okay with it." he said, a small tint of pink on his face. he smiled at me, which made me slightly embarrassed. hu tao smirked at what was happening, and stood up. "wel venti, have any clothes we all could borrow?" she rubbed the back of her head with a laugh."

venti looked to his closet, standing up. "yeah i think i should." he said. something about his voice made me feel so off. "his voice is..angelic?" my face heated up at my own thoughts. "angelic?? seriously xiao??" i though to myself, giving mental discipline. suddenly, something patted me on the head. i jerked up, seeing venti holding clothes for me. i moved away from his touch, and grabbed the clothes awkwardly. he then moved to give ganyu a pair of clothes as well.

hu tao and ganyu used the bathroom first, while venti and i sat in silence. neither of us knew what to say. he finally spoke up, saying something. "do you want me to sleep on the floor? i can if you..want." he said, chuckling at his words. i shook my head in response. "i will. it's not a big deal." he visibly felt bad, i could tell. he's pretty easy to read. "if i didn't want to, i wouldn't have offered." somehow, i wasn't getting annoyed of this kid. he's..interesting.

hu tao and ganyu stepped in, both in venti's clothes. "okay xiao, go ahead!" she smiled. i sighed, standing up. hu tao was one person that would always be annoying.

ah, i've been trying to make this chapter for three days..i just haven't had the motivation to actually finish it ahha. thanks for 20 views, honestly it's more than i had expected. thank you all who's actually reading. next chapter will have some xiaoven moment i promise ehe. thank you again, i'll start on the next chapter.
word count: 1,301
time: 12:23 am