choice two

xiao pov:
as i walked along the sidewalk, i looked for the tall long haired pig tail maniac that i would find next to ganyu. eventually i heard a scream which sounded..familiar.. "XIAO!!" i flinched, turning my head to see exactly who i was looking for. "hu tao.." i muttered walking towards the girl. as i looked, i saw ganyu walking behind her with a warm smile on her face.

"hi xiao." she said as hu tao jumped onto me. "hey ganyu.." i said trying to push the pig tailed girl off of me. hu tao eventually got off me, and she grabbed both me and ganyu's hands and started to walk. "okay besties! i have some things to share!" she smiled happily. i gave up on getting hu tao off me, so i let her be. "what is it?" ganyu said in her normal calming voice.

hu tao started to walk off the sidewalk, to go down the small hill towards the pond full of various sizes of fish. "well, there's a new kid in my neighborhood." ganyu nodded, signifying she was listening. "and?" i said looking at the girl. "well, he seems really quiet! and when i tried to talk to him, his mom shielded him from me. i wondered-" i interrupted her before she could continue. "is there anything else besides a boring neighbor?" i said looking at the pond which we where walking closer to.

hu tao sighed before talking about another topic on her mind. we spent hours talking about useless things, ganyu fixing hu tao's hair as she talked on and on about school. i just listened quietly, staring at the pond. watching the fish swim around and around. even if these two could be annoying, i really consider them..family.

hu tao eventually called her hands together making me snap out of my thoughts. she looked to me before smiling. "hey, we should go greet the neighbor boy!"

i stared at her before shaking my head. "i'm not going to say hi to your neighbor." ganyu fiddled with her thumbs as she started talking. "well, i haven't seen him yet..and i want to know what he looks like." hu tao nodded egarly. "yes! come on xiao, it's just a couple minutes of human interaction!" she looked to me. i looked down and sighed. "whatever." hu tao jumped up happily. "hooray!" ganyu stood up as well, brushing off her pastel skirt and standing next to hu tao. i stood up a second after, looking up at the newly braided haired girl (thanks to ganyu's braiding skills). "where is he then?" hu tao turned her body, her braids swinging in the same direction. "this way!" she pointed infront of her as she marched foward.

ganyu and i continued to follow her, arriving at a traditional house besides hu tao's, the houses looking pretty similar. suddenly as hu tao walked up to knock on the door, it opened, a tall blonde woman with her hair in a ponytail stood staring at us.

"oh! hey miss Gunnhildr!" hu tao smiled at the woman. the woman smiled back responding in a formal way. "good afternoon miss hu tao. who are these people with you?"hu tao turned and pointed at ganyu. "this is ganyu and.." she then pointed at me. "this is xiao!" the woman looked at us then smiled. "nice to meet you all. you all can call me jean." hu tao nodded, ganyu smiling lightly at the blonde haired woman. jean then started to talk once again. "why are you all here today?" i sighed. "hu tao here wanted to say hello to her new neighbor."

jean nodded, opening the door for us to come in.well my sister is currently staying over, so please pay no mind." hu tao excitedly walked in, almsot forgetting to take her shoes off. i grabbed her shoulder pointed at her shoes. she then immediately took off her red high tops, as ganyu and i removed out shoes as well. jean closed the door after we had walked in, and she walked it the kitchen where i saw 2 children, one probably in his twenties, the other probably 7 or so. jean walked over, saying something to the other one who has stopped coloring with his crayon. jean suddenly looked to us. "this is albedo, and this is klee. i have three children." albedo waved with a warm smile on his face, while klee was too distracted coloring with her red crayon.

hu tao waved excitedly back at the older one. she grabbed ganyu's hand and walked towards the two, probably to talk. i stayed here i was, until heard creaking in the stairs which made me turn. i saw a boy my age, standing still with a slightly surprised expression. his eyes where a beautiful color..blue and green. his hair was dark blue, black if you will, fading into a bright teal which was wrapped in tight braids. i stared at him while he stared back at me, neither of us knowing what to say.

venti pov:
i was studying for the start of school when i heard a bunch of commotion form downstairs. i looked to my door, wondering if i should go check it out. i looked back down at my half filled paper and my current video of algebra playing. i looked at the time left on the video. it read "1:06" i hit the play button, and decided to finish off the video before heading downstairs. plus i know that mom can handle it for now, but i'll be sure to get down there soon so she doesn't get stressed again.

a minute later i shut my laptop, setting my pen down. i stood up from my chair which was seated at my desk, and i walked over to my door, opening it and walking out, leaving the door as it is. i walked downtown the stairs, paying no mind to the constant creaking i heard. once i could see the hallway, i looked over, suddenly seeing a boy standing looking at me. i stopped, staring at the boy. he was pretty. very pretty. his hair was dark, yet had random highlights of teal. it reminded me of my hair. yet his whole face seemed to keep me staring. suddenly i saw my mom walk beside the boy and smile. "ah, venti! did you finish?" i snapped out of what i was doing and nodded. "yeah i did.." i walked down the rest of the stairs and looked at the boy. he was prettier up close. though, i got slightly worried at the thought of a random person in my house.

i think mom could tell i was nervous as she walked over to me and put one hand on my shoulder. "this is xiao. he came with hu tao and a friend named ganyu." she looked to xiao. "xiao, this is venti. he's the same age as you and he's the oldest of my children." she smiled proudly. i saw xiao nod and looked to hu tao who was in a conversation with albedo, ganyu pointing at klee's picture, and nodding occasionally to her words.

i looked to my mom, who smiled at me. "you two can be friends right?" she said looking at the other boy who snapped his head around to face my mom. he nodded once. "uh, yeah.." he said quietly. my mom patted my shoulder and walked towards the other 4.
xiao leaned against the wall, not saying anything. i looked aside, finally talking. "uh, good afternoon." i said finally looking up at him. "uh, my names venti.." i smiled, trying not to be akward.

he didn't say anything for a moment, but he eventually said, "call me xiao."

(1,303 words..jeez..)finally xiao and venti have met!! we'll see what happens next with this awkward duo.

and just for those who maybe misunderstood, hu tao and ganyu are not a ship, they're basically a sister-sister relationship. same with xiao, he thinks of the two girls as family. thank you for listening haha..see you next time, i should maybe get some sleep 🏃‍♀️💨