an explanation about the twins <EDITED>

for those who didn't understand venti's twin situation here y'all go LOL

okay, the spoilers start now

venti's brother/twin is known as the nameless bard in genshin impact. in the story, his name is venti. the venti you know in the story, his real name is ven. ven took venti's name after he passed away. as a kid, ven (the one who's in highschool with xiao currently) was always sick, and wasn't allowed outside because jean was scared he would get continually get sick, and never be able to recover well. so venti (the twin who passed away) would play outside all the time. at the park, he found xiao, and they became really good friends. in middle school, venti found out his romantic feelings towards xiao and he decided never to tell him.

xiao was always curious about venti's twin, yet he never seemed to mention him other than he can't go outside. so xiao always felt pity for the other twin.

xiao's twin passed away from a car accident with his friend. xiao was devastated because he was invited to go with venti that day and he declined. he still feels guilt because he thinks he could have saved him.

ven since then adapted his brothers personality and his name to cope with the loss of his twin brother. since then, they moved to a house beside hu tao so ven could have a "new start".

jean disapproved of ven acting like venti, but in the end, jean had no choice but to let ven do what he had to. ven was already a quiet kid, so jean thought maybe he'd make more friends this way.

venti played the lyre, and he gave xiao a flute so they could play together sometime.

comment if you have any questions, i'll answer them (maybe)

-author xing