choice six

[xiao pov]
i watched as venti skipped over to the two. i sighed, knowing he would pick to talk rather than go to class. i'd be surprised if he wasn't late. he turned to his locker, opening the door and grabbing his english book. he also grabbed his laptop and iphone, knowing class would be boring. his laptop was "strictly for school", but everyone at school knows it's just for them to take advantage of and play stupid computer games. instead, xiao brought his phone so he wouldn't get caught.

"good morning class..today we have a new student, please introduce yourselves." the history teacher, diluc said in his normal depressed sounding voice. 

"hey there!" suddenly venti walked in, diluc immediately sighing clearly annoyed of this child. "im venti, and it's nice to be here! it's my first year and-" diluc immediately interrupted, and already had an annoyed face displayed. 

"get to your seat. beside yanfei and behind xiao." venti chuckled awkwardly, and nodded walking towards his seat. he walked past me, and my head turned, me staring at him. he sat behind me, and the first thing he did was scoot his desk closer to mine. 

"venti what're you doing?" i whispered, eying mr. diluc as his head was turned looking at his phone.

"just moving closer that's all." i stared at venti, him eventually looking up. "there we go!" he whispered happily, his desk nearly touching my chair. 

"venti.." i muttered, looking at his desk. 

"what?" he laid his head on his desk, catching me off guard. 

"no, it's nothing." i said, sighing. 

"xiao," i flinched, slowly turning my head towards mr. diluc who was hovering over me. "you would rather talk with this kid instead of listening to my lecture?" venti covered his mouth, trying his best not to laugh. i quickly turned my head to say something to venti, but as i opened my mouth diluc harshly hit the top of my head with his hardcover book.

 i made a loud sound of discomfort as he walked off. when i turned back to venti, he was on the edge of his seat, about to fall over from pure laughter. right in that moment, i had no desire to yell or even get angry at him.

 he looked up at me, still snickering. i stared, a small smile cracked onto my face. he stared at me like i was crazy, and so i hid my face, yet that still didn't get rid of my smile. venti's smile returned, as he leaned his head on his hand.