The First Day

" Emily! Get down here! You're going to be late for school!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

" I'm coming!" I yelled back getting annoyed at the fact that my ears are hurting.

I quickly tied my hair into a bun but it was messy. I actually looked cute so I didn't care. Plus, it's not like doing my hair is going to make people like me.
Never had friends in my life except one..Josh. But other than him, no one.

As I look at myself in the mirror and just think, I decide to go downstairs before my Mom starts yelling...again.

" Emily, you have to be quick! Come on! " She starts with the yelling again.

"Okay! Okay! I got it! I'm leaving!" It's my first day of school as a 15 year old senior and I already hated it. I skipped. Actually they skipped me. They said I was to smart for a sophomore.

Having nobody to talk to I didn't really have anything to do. So I decided to study and everything. And now I'm going to be a senior. I'm going to be the youngest of them all. I didn't even ask to be skipped but they insisted that I go to a higher level. So here I am.

On the bright side..I get to get out of high school soon! Yay! No never mind I have college left and people there might..no actually, will think I'm weird. All of them do.

I smile sadly at myself as I walk to school. I've gotten so used to being alone. It's always been this way.

I stop when I reach the school. I stare at it and think whether I should just run away and not have to deal with this. And just let a freaking lion eat me.
Ha! Who am I kidding? The lion won't even want to eat me.

I have no choice.

I walk in the school and try to find my class. I've been to this school for sophomore but I've never really bothered to go anywhere when I was here. I used to go to my classes and after school, I go right back home, so I really don't know where my senior class should was supposed to be. I won't even bother to ask anyone. I'll just try to find it in my own. I really didn't care if I got lost.

Lucky for me I found my class and I wasn't late. I got into the class quietly trying not to make noise but the moment I was fully in the room, everyone's eyes was on me.

I look over the teacher's desk and there's no one there.

I froze on the spot. Not knowing what to do, I look at the very back of the class room for an empty sit but it was taken. Just when I want to hide, I can't find a place. There were two sits left thought, but they were in the front! The front for goodness sake!

I slowly look down and walk to one of the empty sit so that I can sit. As walk to my " front sit " a girl with blonde hair walks up to me.

" Hey, " senior". " she said the senior with the quotations.

" H-hey." I wasn't about to say something stupid. EVERYONE was older me.

A girl with black hair on the back yells " Beth, why are you f*cking talking to that senior wannabe?!"

" Yeah!" The guy next to the black haired girl added, " She doesn't belong here!"

The so called Beth girl was about to say something when the teacher finally came. She gave me a look before she went to her sit.

I sigh in relief as I sit down. This is great. I just came in and everybody hates me already. I can't say that I didn't expect it though.

" My name is Mr. Whitmore." The teacher said. " Since it's the fir--" he got interupted when a guy wearing all black walked in the class room.

I stare at him. He looks very familiar. He looks like Josh.

Maybe I'm just hoping for a miracle. A friend. I feel so stupid. It can't be Josh even if I wanted it to be. There was this part of me that was like begging and hoping that it was him. The last I saw him was when I left to go to my new family. I can't believe I even left. I feel guilty as I just think about this.

Mr. Whitmore looked at the guy as if he wants him to say something.

" You're late young man." Mr. Whitmore told the guy.

" I'm sorry Sir. It won't ever happen again." He answered.

There was only one sit left. And that was next to me. I feel like I'm surrounded by daggers. All of them ready to just go right through me and destroy me.

He sits down next to me and I resist the urgue to look at him.

"Okay. Since it's the first day, why don't we just start by knowing each other?" Mr. Whitmore says folding his hands over his chest.

" We'll start from the front row. First say your names; first and last."

Oh no. Not this. I hate introductions. And the fact that I'm the first person to go is not something I'm looking forward to.

I keep quiet not wanting to say anything. The teacher looks at me like I'm crazy, "...young lady?"

Okay. I'll just say my name and it'll be over with.

" ...My..name..." For a second there I forgot my own name. I'm so scared. "
Um..my name..is..name..name..is Emily Hudson. " And then I realized what I just said. Instead of saying Myers, I said Hudson. That was my last name until I got adopted.

" I mean Emily Myers!" I quickly said.

The guy next to me was looking at me like I was crazy. Of course..I sounded like I was crazy. But then he just stared at me as if he noticed something.

It was his turn to say his name..

He cleared his throat, " My name is Josh..."