Address & Worries

" Y-y-you can't?"

" Umm-" he was interupted when his phone rang in his pocket. He reached out to it and looked at it, smiled and then said , " I have to go now."

"Now?" I asked. It was getting dark and I was in the middle of the beach and he was leaving?

" I'm sorry I really have to go. But..." He leaned in, held my cheek with his right hand and kissed me.

Whoa! My first kiss! Well, that made my night.

He left off and I ran home.

***********************************

I came back home and expected a lecture because I was late without telling anyone, but instead I found my mom crying. I quickly walked next to her.

"Mom, what's wrong?"

She wiped her tears away and smiled forcefully," Nothing sweetie. I just had-had something in my eye."

I could tell that she was trying so hard not to cry.

"Mom..-!" I sat next to her and tried to touch her but she flinched a little.

"Emily..I'm fine. Don't worry about it." She stood up and added , " Go to bed."

Oh there definetely something wrong. She didn't give me the lecture! I don't like getting yelled at or being lectured but since I didn't get it, I know there's something wrong. I don't want anything to be wrong now that my life is beginning to become..well, life!

I did as I was told and went to bed. I wanted to ignore the fact that there's something wrong and just move on with my life but I couldn't. I tried really hard. My whole world was starting to change, I didn't need anything messing that up. Yep I know I sound selfish. But with what I've gone through, I deserve a break.

*************************************

I woke up when I heard my phone ding! It was a text from Steve.

**Steve: hey beautiful🌹

**Me: hey ❤️

**Steve: I know I freaked you out yesterday when I didn't give you my address. So if you still want to know where I live, I'll tell you.

**Me: okay, but why didn't you just tell me before?

**Steve: I don't like my house. it's ugly, dirty, it's like a monster! Lol

**Me: it's okay. I don't care if your house isn't pretty or whatever. So where is it?

**Steve: oh yeah it's on Fairwell 15.

**Me: oh thanks! I gotta get ready now! Bye!

And with that I went to the shower.