The Truth

"Wha-?" I asked confused.

"Your Mother and I have been divorced for about one month." He walked closer to me with his crutches.

"Wha-?" I asked again confused and holding the urge to cry.

" I met Carol when she was kidnapped and I was supposed to bring her home, and somehow I fell in love. I tried to ignore the feelings but I couldn't. I did not cheat on your Mother. I told her that I had feelings for someone else. Of course it didn't really go that well. I wanted to be with Carol, so I asked for a divorce. "

He took another step forward and as he stepped forward, I went back. He kept on talking ," We wanted to tell you, but we were waiting for the right time."

I was so angry I didn't have the words for it. He expects me to..what? Be happy! Ohh! My Dad is in love with someone else, and because of his stupidness; not being home, MY MOM GOT KILLED! I know it's because they wanted revenge on me because I killed those two men, but if he was here, he could have protected Mom! I really wouldn't have gave a shit if I died! But this was my Mom. Actually , no...My Second Mom!!!!!!

He really tried it when he touched me.

" Don't touch me. "

" Emily, please understand."

" Understand?! Oh, I understand alright. I understand that you were out that night probably making love to Carol while my Mom was getting killed! And you didn't even tell me! You left her here alone! If you weren't so stupid, maybe she would have still alive!"

" Emil-"

" Don't talk to me! Ever! You-you..don't understand! This was my Mom! Have you ever lost two Moms before! It hurts like a bitch! If there's anyone who needs to understand, it's your dumbass! "

"Emily-!"

" I don't want to hear it! Not only have you lost a good wife, but you've also lost a daughter." That was the last thing I said as I went upstairs, got some clothes, stuffed it in my bookbag and left.

When I got downstairs, he was still standing there, probably ready to make me ' understand '.

" Save it." I was quick with it. " And don't bother looking for me, you probably won't even miss me, you'll probably replace me with a ' Carolina' ."

I walked to the bus stop crying and sobbing. Wiping and sniffing and everything.

I decided to go to Josh's house. He told me his patent will be out of the house for about 3 weeks. He also told me I needed to crash I could come to his house.

*************************************

I rang the doorbell, and Josh answered after a few minutes.

He really was a best friend because he didn't say anything but just give me one of the warm hugs.