Behind Dads Absence

The results were...negative. As I read the small negative on the pregnacy test, I feel relieved. Really relieved!

I throw away the whole thing and looked at myself in the mirror once more. Tears formed in my eyes. I was so scared that I was going to be pregnant, and I'm not but I can't help but want to cry. What was this? Tears of joy?

"Oh, my..." I said sniffing and wiping away the tears.

I suddenly remember Josh was worried about me. I should text him. I went to my room, sat legs crossed on my queen size bed. I took out my phone and saw like 20 texts from Josh. He really was worried. I don't know what I'd do without him.

**Me: Josh calm down. I'm fine.

He didn't take long to answer.

**Josh: Did you do it?

**Me: Yes. I got the results.

**Josh: Whatever the results are, Emily, I'll still be here for you. I could even help you take care of the baby!

He was still typing more after sending that and I didn't want to worry him. although what he just sent warmed my heart.

**Me: Josh thanks, but I'm not pregnant.

***********************************

We talked a lot more after that. It was nice but I had to go visit my Dad at the hospital now. I told Josh that I had to go now.

I took the bus to the hospital. I got there and signed in and walked to the third floor. I cooked something for my Dad to make him happy. He was leaving soon in about 2 days and that was good. I opened the door to my Dads room with a smile on my face, but that smile was gone when I saw my Dad kissing the strange lady. At first I though she was a nurse but she wasn't.

He noticed that I was there and he faced me; him and the lady.

" Dad..?" I dropped the food and ran out the room.

" Emily! Its not what it looks like!" I heard him scream after me but I didn't stop running to a destination I don't know.