...*•*...

It's Saturday and I've decided to go to Steve's house. It going to be a surprise because I've never been to his house. I walk to his house and ring the door bell. They were taking a awful lot of time to answer so I just stared at my feet.

Steve and I haven't really been hanging out he's always been busy since me and Josh made up. I've been spending a lot of my time with Josh and I think I was starting to fall..hard for him. But since he was my friend I kept it to myself and ignored all of my feelings. Coming over to Steve's house is another way of reminding myself that I have a boyfriend.

I rang the bell again and finally someone answered.

"Hi. Is Steve here?" I asked the old man that was right in front of me.

" Who is Steve?" The old man asked me confused.

Since it was a man I decided to ask him if it was his son.

" Steve your son?"

" I don't have a son or grandson or any children whatsoever. My wife left me and never came back. Since then I've been alone."

I feel bad for him but this was kind of starting to get awkward.

" I'm sorry to hear that. I'll be leaving now. "

I started to walk away and took a left so that when the old man goes back in his house, I could check to see if I got the address wrong. As soon as he was out of sight, I looked at the number next to his door. It was correct but Steve doesn't live here.

I started to walk back home with heavy thoughts. What is going on? I'm so confused. Steve and I are so going to have a conversation when I see him.

As I walk and think to my self about what just happened, I saw Josh.

My heart skip a beat. Oh you don't know how much I hated this. I really just want to see him and not go crazy.

I thought about just taking a longer way home so that I could calm myself down, but before I could go into action, he caught me.

" Emily! Hey!"

I turned around feeling stupid.

" Hey, Josh. "

" Where are you coming from?"

" I was coming from Steve's house....I guess."

He looked like he was in a good mood until I mentioned Steve.

" But he wasn't there. The person that answered said that he doesn't know Steve. It's weird."

" I told you that that guy was a freak. You know I lost my pen?" He looked away, " Steve..more like thief."

" Josh, you lose your pen and suddenly he's a thief?" I looked at him like he was stupid.

" I gotta go home, Josh. " I finally said before starting to walk away, but he stopped me.

" Emily, I was actually going to talk to you. I have something to tell you."

" Ummm...what is it?"

" Uhh, how do I start this?" He laughed nervously.

" Josh, we're best friends. You can tell me anything."

" That's why it's so damn hard." He looked at me right in the eyes.

" Just take a deep breath and say it."

He did as I told him, but instead of saying something , he leaned in and kissed me.