Hiding 'It'

My Dad had been in the hospital for about a week. Today is my Mom's funeral. This has been a pretty sad week. I now only cry 5 times a day. Good progress.

My Dad wasn't allowed to get out of the hospital yet but he insisted to go to Moms funeral. He can't walk so he'll be sitting on a wheelchair.

I was getting ready, and I looked into the mirror in front of me. I looked dead. My eyes were bloodshot red because of all the crying. I looked like a dead vampire.

I had to be strong, so I tried really hard not to cry.

I wasn't alone at my house though. Moms friends that I barely knew were all here.

As I was thinking to myself about my dad life, Mrs. Crystal ( I guess) came in my room.

" Honey, it's time to go."

I nodded and left my room.

***********************************

At the funeral, everyone that I didn't know was there and as I looked around I noticed a familiar face..Josh.

I decided to move closer to make sure I wasn't seeing things. The closer I got the closer I saw that it really was Josh.

He noticed I was there. He looked at me sympathetically. I wanted to hug him so badly, I had nothing to lose.

I was going to go hug him but he was quick at it. He hugged me so tight I couldn't breathe. I hugged him back, holding on to him as if if I had let go, he would leave.

" Emily, I'm so sorry."

Tears fell down my cheeks.

" She's gone." I cried.

" I'm here for you. I know what happened. I saw it on the News yesterday. I don't know why they put it on so late. I swear if I knew I would have came to see you."

Then the rape thing got into my mind. I mean I never forgot about it. I mean how could I ever forget? It was awful and the thought of it brought more tears to my eyes. He was saying other things but the fact that he knew about the rape was still in my head.

" You know?" I asked.

"Yeah, they said about how your mom died and I'm so sorry."

" It's not your fault." I told him wiping my tears away. " Do you know anything else?"

"No, that's all they mentioned." He looked at me curiously. " Is there something else?"

"No,no." I said quickly. " The ceremony is about to start."

*************************************

I haven't had the courage to go test myself yet. I haven't told anyone about it, becaue I was too embarrassed. It wasn't my fault I got raped but I still didn't want anyone else to know.

I decided to go buy a pregnancy test today before I visited my Dad today. My Moms death is and always will be hard to forget or get over with. I really wish she was here to help me. But either way I had to know if I was pregnant or not.

I sighed heavily before heading out.

I got into the near by Walgreens and sneaked my way to the pregnacy test place. I got one pregnacy test an ran to the cushier; wanting to leave as soon as possible.

The cushier was a female. She looked at the pregnacy test then looked at me. She stared at me for like 5 minutes before doing her work. She finally said something," $10.50" rudely.

I gave her the money hoping I could just leave. I got m pregnacy test and as I was leaving I swear I heard her call me a 'whore'.

I ignored her, and walked looking back. Because my stupidity, I pumped into someone, Josh.

" Emily?" He asked kind of confused.

"Josh.." I said hiding my pregnacy test. It would have been easier to hide if I had a plastic bag but since that lady hated me, she didn't even give me a plastic bag.

" What do you have there?"

"Nothing!" I jumped.

"Let me see, please?"

" It's not something important." I said.

" Then why won't you let me see it?"

He now forcefully playfully wanted to see it. I know he was playing with me and just wanted to see it but he couldn't see this!

"Because...! " I yelled when he got it.

" It's a....pregnacy..test." He completed my sentence, confused.