The Answer

What?!! Steve wants to go out with me?! He acted so rudely yesterday what got him to well, ask me out! My heart was beating at a really quick pace. I've never had anyone ask me out before. Like EVER.

" W-what?" I asked my voice breaking. I looked over at Josh and he was as shocked as me.

" Will...you go out with me?"

There was a pause..one of those awkward pauses.

"Umm.." I looked down.

" I'm sorry, for the way I acted yesterday. I'm just that way with new people..and people that I'm interested in."

He was interested in me?!? Is this some kind of joke? Then I thought.. he seems nicer than he was yesterday and he apologized. I never had a boyfriend anyways, why don't I just give it a shot?

" So will you please go out with me?"

I looked at Josh again, he looked angry and when we made eye contact he shaked his head saying ' no' .

I wanted give it a go. I mean I'm 15, and I've never had a boyfriend or any crush whatsoever. I didn't need a boyfriend, but if I like someone and they like me...you know where I'm going with this.

" Umm..okay. I'll give it a chance." I finally answered.

"Okay, cool. I have to go now, before the teacher comes. I'll talk to you tomorrow." And with that Steve left.

Josh didn't wait one second to go crazy , " What the hell?!!"

" What?!" I said.

" What?" He asked as if it was obvious.

" He's not bad or anything. " I said trying to make eye contact.

" The dude just left the class!" He pointed out. " I don't like him."

" Come on , Josh. Don't be like that. If anything, I'll break up with him. "

" Well, can you do that now?"

"Josh!" I hit him with my notebook. " You just met him, and you already hate him. You can't just judge someone when you don't know them."

" And you can't go out with someone when you don't know them."

" Josh, if you're my friend, you'll try at least to be happy for me."

" I still don't like him. I'll try to be nice; which would be hell."

" Thank you." I smiled.

" Don't thank me yet; I'm still managing to hold the urgue to break his nose. "

That made me laugh.

***********************************

The next day after school I was talking to Josh.

" Okay, so maybe we could go to the movies?" I suggested.

" How about we go to the beach?" He throw his arm around my shoulders, " Imagine this; both of us walking at the beach at sunset, laughing and talking just having a good time."

"Oh my God; that's perfect. I used to do that with my parents."

" The real ones?"

"Yeah, the real ones."

Laughing and just talking and laughing even more, someone tapped on Josh's shoulder and he turned around.

The person that tapped on Josh's shoulder was Steve.

Steve cleared his throat, reached for my hand, " Emily, I was thinking..." He looked at Josh before continuing. " Maybe...we could go out today? Maybe at the beach?"