*•*

I was walking down the hall of the school alone because Josh was called by Mr. Whitmore to stay for a while when I pumped into Steve, the cute guy I told Josh about.

" Oh I'm sorry." I said.

" You better be. Next time watch where your sophomore ass is going." He said rudely and then walked away.

Well, he's harsh. That made me feel bad you know. I'm a human being! I sighed and started to walk home alone.

*************************************

It's 11:00 P.M. At night and I'm terribly hungry. I was too busy talking to Josh and doing my homework that I forgot to eat.

I finally decide to go downstairs and grab something to eat.

As I went down the stair, I noticed that my Mom was still up. I went closer to her and tapped her shoulder.

" Mom? Why are you still up?"

"Uh..I could ask you the same question. " She said looking up at me. She looked exhausted and worried.

"Mom? Don't try to change the subject." I sat down next to her, " What's wrong?"

There was a pause for what seemed like forever. She finally spoke, " Your Father was suppose to be home an hour and half ago."

" Maybe he's just working late?"

" But this wasn't the first time. I guess he's really busy. I'm just worried you know?" She looked at me.

Then she continued, " I know he's a cop and cop work are really important, but I'm just worried."

I thought about what she said and felt a little guilty. I've been so stuck up on the fact that Josh's here that I didn't even notice that my Mom was worried and staying up late like this. I decide that I should cheer her up. Make her smile and just forget the worrying for a while.

Yes, my Father is a cop.

" Okay, how about you get up," I got up pulling her up with me," and eat with me. Just relax with me and talk and- and get it outta ur mind."

" Emily--"

"Nope! Nope! We're doing this."

"Okay, just for a while." She pointed out.

*************************************

" I texted you like five hundred times yesterday night!" Josh said.

" Stop exaggerating! My Mom was worried so I decided to cheer her up."

" You should have at least tol-!" He was interupted when Steve walking up to me and saying something.

" Can I ask a question?" Steve looked away as if he really didn't want to ask whatever it was. Josh looked like he was about to punch him.

I nodded waiting for whatever it was..

" Will you go out with me?"