Chapter 3: The Confession

(Quick reminder that since this takes place in a Japanese school, it ends in the winter.)

Katsuki was excited, it was finally the last day of school, and the day of their promotion ceremony. The blond had decided that he was going to tell Izuku that he liked him.

Katsuki made his way up the metal stairs clanging as he climbed up the surprisingly long flight of stairs. As usual, he made his way out of the stairway and started walking towards the Midoriya family's apartment's front door.

As he walked, he didn't notice the soft thuds that thudded toward him.

"Kacchan'' someone shouted as the footsteps kept getting closer and closer. Katsuki finally noticed the sound when he felt a strong force push him, causing him to lose his balance and fall onto the hard floor underneath him.

"Ugh," he groaned, shaking his head and letting his eyes focus once more, glaring at the ceiling above him. He attempted to get up but felt something weighing him down. He looked down to see the green and black curly tufts of hair. It didn't take long for Katsuki to notice it was indeed Izuku who had surprised and tackled him to the ground in an attempt to hug him.

"Sorry, I'm sorry," Izuku repeated as he climbed off of Katsuki, standing up. Extending his arm out, he held his hand out for the blond to grab, a kind gesture to "help Katsuki up" knowing that he didn't have the strength to pull anyone up to much success.

Katsuki saw the gesture, knowing Izuku wouldn't be able to pull him up, he got up on his own, pushing the greenette's hand away.

"I didn't need your help, shitty Deku," Katsuki said, hiding the fact that he enjoyed it when Izuku would do such nice things to him.

Izuku brought his arm back to his side, laughing awkwardly, not really knowing what to say, and ended up just standing there, Katsuki did the same. There was an awkward silence between the two before Katsuki picked up his bag and dragged Izuku away, heading back to the stairway.

"C'mon Deku we gotta go so we're not late" Katsuki exclaimed practically running down the stairs so the two could start making their way down the street and towards school. Finally, after climbing down the seemingly endless flights of stairs the two made it out of the stairway starting towards their school.

"I'm sorry for tackling you Kacchan." Izuku apologized, "I was just so excited that after today we would get to hang out during the week with no school, so I waited for you. I yelled your name but apparently, you didn't hear it so I startled you, making you lose our balance in the end, causing us both to fall over...'' He kept rambling on, stuck in his own thoughts until Katsuki cut him off.

"It's fine. Besides, don't let it ruin your day. It's the last day I have to go to school with those good-for-nothing extras so I'll just be glad when it's over." Katsuki said, a very small giggle escaping Izuku's mouth as they walked into the entrance of Aldera Middle School.

The halls were bustling with people excited for the year to finally be over, taking more time than usual to talk with their friends. Izuku and Katsuki started to make their way through the halls, almost losing each other multiple times through the vicious crowd.

Not wanting to lose each other in the sea of people, Katsuki grabbed Izuku's hand, leading the greenette through the crowd, causing both of their faces to heat up ever-so-slightly, the blush too small to be noticed.

The two of them were the first people to enter the classroom. It wasn't long until the bell rang and people started to file into the classroom. Their teacher entered the classroom and started off the day with whatever the hell he does.