Chapter 25: Christmas

(Hi everyone ^^ I hope you're enjoying your new year so far. Sorry that this was supposed to come out a while ago, I've been busier than usual. I just wanted to say again thank you so much for the support, it makes me happy that people enjoy what I write and motivates me to keep writing. Hope you enjoy this super late Christmas chapter :) )

It was finally the dreaded day that Izuku had to leave the UA dorms and return to normal learning. Even If he was reluctant to leave, he was excited to finally be back in school. Soon he'd be back, in an actual classroom. He hadn't been to class for a while and was excited to see his teachers again, it would help him a lot, especially since he had finally gotten to the coding part of his project, he knew he was going to need a lot of explanation to make it work fluently. He was both excited and scared to start the programming process, he had done some before but nothing to the complication of this, most of the time he found ways to do as little coding as possible but now, he had to do some work with it.

Katsuki along with the rest of his classmates saw Izuku off, Katsuki gave him a quick kiss and a hug (receiving a fangirling group of girls), he would miss spending time with Izuku, especially during the week. Izuku smiled, gave everyone a wave, and started to walk home, he hadn't seen his mother in a while, and he was happy to finally spend some time with her. Knocking on the door, Izuku stood there waiting for Inko to open the door.

Inko opened the door and happily greeted her son, she had missed seeing him for those 2 and a half months. Once she says him, she hugged him and led him inside. She immediately started asking questions, who wouldn't. She hadn't seen her son in a while and had been extremely worried for him.

Inko studied her son as she interrogated him, making sure there wasn't a scratch on him. Almost immediately spotted the scars on his arms and added "What happened to your arms?" to the list of questions. Izuku looked at his arms and spotted the scars. "Oh, that's something I got from the villain "incident" a couple of months back," Izuku said sheepishly. Inko nodded in understanding, Katsuki had told her about the possibility of scaring and she had seen the number of bandages that had been wrapped around his arms, scaring was to be expected.

The rest of the day was spent catching up with each other on the things that had happened while Izuku was at UA. The next day was Izuku's first day back at school after not being there for a while. He stepped into the school happily, he knew no one would greet him or be happy for his return, he was just some other person, the one mocked by most even, but that didn't stop him from being optimistic.

"Well well, look who's back," a familiar voice he didn't want to hear just about yet said. Izuku turned around to see Kouta standing there with a smirk on his face. Of course, the one day he doesn't arrive at school particularly early he runs into Kouta in the morning. Izuku internally sighed and looked at Kouta not saying anything. "Not gonna say anything?" Kouta asked as he started approaching Izuku. Instead of standing still or backing away, Izuku quickly made his way to his classroom leaving a shocked Kouta behind.

When he made it into the classroom he was greeted by Ms. Tanaka, he returned the gesture and walked to his seat, he wouldn't have to use the lab area in the mornings so he sat down in his normal seat and asked his teacher for help. Ms. Tanaka helped him with the most that she could, the rest would have to be figured out by himself through trial and error.

For the rest of the time, before class started, Izuku mumbled to himself as he started writing his code. It was a difficult and many times confusing process but by the time the bell rang announcing the start of class, Izuku had managed to start grasping the whole concept, what can he say, he's a fast learner.

The whole day went by quickly, it was nice to be able to learn in person again, and found it much easier to focus. After lunch, Izuku decided to take a break from coding and work on a side project for the rest of the day. Although he enjoyed coding, he liked using tinkering as a way to relax from the work of programming.