Chapter 19: Trouble

(Hi everyone ^^. So I'm once again going to be asking for ideas for the 2nd and 3rd years of high school. If I don't get any there will be a little bit about the 2nd  and 3rd year but really it'll just be a huge time skip so please if you have any ideas please let me know I'm excited to see what you all come up with. Anyway, hope you enjoy!)

Katsuki entered his classroom. Yesterday had been incredibly boring and uneventful. Except for the fact that Aizawa let them all know about the new drill they would be practicing. Katsuki sat down ready for class to start. Since the dorms were so close to the classroom (Since it's on-campus) almost everyone left the dorms only 5 minutes before class started. Katsuki sighed, he missed walking over to Horikoshi high school, dropping Izuku off, and then walking to UA. 'Great, I'm already getting homesick aren't I?' Katsuki thought as he rolled his eyes at himself. He already missed the nice mornings.

After a few moments, a flood of his classmates came in through the door meaning that class was about to start. Aizawa walked in and started the morning as usual and overall it was once again, a normal boring day. However, about an hour after lunch when 1-A were back in their seats, an alarm went off. Everyone looked around in confusion, it wasn't the alarm used for a fire drill nor an earthquake drill. The lights had dimmed and there was a blue glow coming from somewhere in the room. The sound too wasn't one that the class had ever heard in a drill. "Alright, that new drill that Mr. Aizawa mentioned yesterday, here's the first one," their current teacher Ectoplasm said. "Grab your hero suits, the goal is to switch into your hero suit as quickly as possible in the case of a dire crisis," he explained as everyone started scrambling out of their seats to grab their suitcases and leave swiftly.

In one swift movement, Katsuki stood up and grabbed the suitcase with the number 17 on it. He followed the rest of his class out of the classroom to the school field and waited for further instruction. "Not great, but it's good enough for a first time through," a voice behind them said. 1-A turned around to see Aizawa slowly walking toward them. "We'll be practicing this drill once a week, be prepared for it. By the end of these mini trainings, I want you to be pros at swiftly exiting the class to save someone." Everyone nodded and they headed back to class and continued on with their day as if nothing had just interrupted their class. 

Once the day was over Katsuki made his way directly to his dorm room and changed into his trademark black tank top and grey sweatpants. Flopping onto the bed, Katsuki pulled out his phone and called Izuku again. They chatted for hours on end. During the call, there were times when they would just sit there in silence feeling comfortable with knowing they're on call. 

For two months this was the schedule, 1-A would do the drill in randomly selected periods and when class ended, Katsuki would just go to his dorm room. With only about 6 weeks of drills, they were all getting pretty good at it, it took them less than five minutes to finish it and all of 1-A was proud of that. However, Katsuki knew that if they were in an actual situation, even five minutes was critical time lost. 

Katsuki sighed, after a long week, it was finally Friday. Once this class was finished, there would be only two more periods before he got to hang out with Izuku for the weekend. He swirled his pencil in his hand as he waited for the class to end. It wasn't just Katsuki who was ready for the weekend, all of class 1-A was ready for a break from a long week. All of them were tired and the weekend almost there made it worse as everyone just sat there waiting for the clock to change. The whole class was in some sort of daze from the tiredness of the week full of extra work, hero lessons included.

The class was taken out of their daze when they heard the alarm they were so used to hearing. 'What? But we already did the drill earlier this week,' Katsuki thought as everyone started to get up. Then it hit him, this wasn't a drill. Sure enough, only a moment later Nezu's voice came through the intercom. "Horikoshi High School is under attack. This is not a drill. I repeat this is not a drill." The class stood there stunned for a second before doing as they had practiced in the drills. One thing was different however, Katsuki was already out the door running. 

Izuku was working as usual listening to music as the second half of the school day rushed by. He was always in a peaceful state while working on his project so when the lights turned off and lights flashed it caught his attention and made him worry. Taking out his earbuds he saw his classmates running in terror and Ms. Tanaka trying to calm them down, at least enough to get them out in an orderly fashion. He was confused until he heard the intercom repeat, "Follow your teachers out of the school, the authorities will be coming soon," in the calm pre-recorded tone. Izuku's eyes went wide with terror, 'What's going on,' he thought as he grabbed his backpack and waited for that class to start exiting the classroom. 

Soon enough Izuku's class made it into the halls. It was even more chaotic than the doorway out of the classroom had been. As Izuku tried to keep up with the flow of the crowd, there was a noise behind them. There stood a man with burns all over his face and he had blue fire in his hands. Everyone started screaming and running in all directions trying to find a way out of the school. Izuku was pulled into another hall by a group of students and he looked around confused. He had never been in this hall before and was already getting turned around. 

Izuku started looking in all directions until out of the corner of his eye he saw the figure that people were running from earlier. Out of sheer panic, Izuku started to run. Hall after hall, bend after bend, even when his head started pounding and he felt as if he couldn't breathe, he continued to run. As he ran and looked back, he ran into something and fell over. He started to back up until he saw who it was. It was Katsuki.

Izuku ran up to the blond and hugged him as tears streamed down his face. "Kacchan! I was so scared! Thank goodness you're here to save me," he said. However, something was up. Izuku looked at Katsuki who just smiled toward him in an unusual smile, it wasn't the smirk-ish smile he gave to show that everything was under control. No, it was something else entirely. Izuku took one look at Katsuki and closed his eyes taking in his scent. It smelled almost identical to the scent he was used to, except for the slightest scent of rot.

Izuku froze, eyes once again widening in panic, he pushed Katsuki away. "I don't know who you are but you're not Kacchan," he shouted as he started to back up. "What do you mean Izuku~" the so-called Katsuki replied. Izuku continued to back up, faster this time. "Izuku-Chan~ where do you think you're going?" This time the voice of Katsuki was mixed with that of a female. Izuku turned around, dropped his backpack, and ran. Even if his legs were going to give out, he had to find the way out before it was too late. 

He looked back in a hope that the mysterious Katsuki imposter wasn't behind him. As he did that he fell once more, he had bumped into another figure, the burned man with blue fire. Then the Katsuki imposter walked up, "Good night Izuku-Chan~" she said before everything blacked out.

Katsuki ran out the door suitcase in hand. As he ran he put on his gloves and blasted his way to the school. The villains had finally come for Izuku and Katsuki was going to try his best to make sure that didn't happen. Katsuki ran to the front of the school where everyone was standing in lines. As Katsuki got closer he saw a woman yelling at one of the policemen. "Where is my student," she demanded worry evident in her voice. "I'm sorry ma'am but I don't know," the policeman replied.

Katsuki walked up to the two and asked, "May I ask who you're looking for?" The woman with black hair turned around and said quickly, "His name is Izuku Midoriya. If you can, please find him." Katsuki's eyes widened. Shaking his head to refocus, he nodded. Using his explosions as boosts to get into the school faster, he ran up and down stairs, ran through the halls, and turned every corner before he saw what he dreaded. He stopped in his tracks before walking over to the item that lay on the floor. It was none other than Izuku's yellow backpack. Katsuki picked it up and put his hand over his mouth. Even with the drills, it hadn't been enough.

Slumped over, Katsuki walked back through the entrance of the school. As he exited the school he saw his classmates arriving. He walked over to the woman and lifted the backpack for everyone to see. After one look the woman gasped as Katsuki's classmates grouped around him. Katsuki's eyes started to become glossy making it harder for him to see. The Bakusquad ran up and hugged him and Katsuki didn't bother to turn them away. Finally, he choked out, "He's gone, they got him."

(That's chapter. Sorry it's pretty short, I really wanted to use this final sentence so I hope you liked it. Stay tuned for what happens next week.)