Chapter 26: School Year's End

(Hi everyone ^^ and welcome to chapter 26. So sorry I haven't gotten this out sooner, things just keep popping up. Either way, I hope you're doing great and hope you enjoy!)

Katsuki sat in his seat quietly. Just like the rest of his class, he was counting down the final minutes until the school year ended. The final few months left in the school year went by incredibly fast, if you were to blink, you would've missed them. When the final minute passed and the bell rang, his classmates shot up from their seats cheering. As they rushed out the door Aizawa said, "See you next year you problem-filled children," making everyone who heard it laugh. Deciding to not deal with the hecticness of all the students of UA trying to leave, Katsuki waited in his seat for a few minutes, after the crowd died down he left the classroom quietly.

He dropped his stuff off at his dorm and decided to visit Izuku, Katsuki was excited to rub it in his face that he finally got a break earlier than him. When he arrived he saw Izuku starting on his way home, Katsuki hadn't told him that school ended a few days earlier than him so Izuku assumed that he still had some final schoolwork to do, seeing as Katsuki always had more days until break than he did.

Katsuki sneaked up on the I'm expecting greenette. Standing on Izuku's right, he tapped his left should and smirked. Izuku reacted instinctively to the tap, swirling his head around to his left to see no one. So returned the other way to see someone with a wide smirk starting at him. Startled, Izuku jumped a small squeak escaping his lips.

When Izuku saw that the person was none other than Katsuki, he relaxed and nudged Katsuki's shoulder playfully. "Why'd you do that?" Izuku asked smiling. Katsuki still had a smirk plastered on his face, "Why not," he said dismissively. Izuku nodded before asking one other question. "Why are you even here? Don't you have school tomorrow?" he asked. Katsuki shrugged, "That's why I'm here, just got out of school today," he said triumphantly.

"Lucky," Izuku groaned, "I still have two more days of school plus my presentation is tomorrow." Katsuki clicked his tongue to the room of his mouth, "Good luck." "It's not that bad though, I get to see everyone's final projects," Izuku said, he had been intrigued by his classmate's innovations and why they were created, whether it was "just because" or for a specific reason, he always liked learning about each piece.

"I know you'll do just fine," Katsuki assured. "Besides, you'll have about a month of final detailing until the entrance exam," he added. Izuku nodded, "Even though I know it's going to be stressful, I can't wait, finally being able to show off my innovations to a crowd bigger than a classroom. It both excites and terrifies me," he said.

The couple continued to walk toward the Midoriya household, it wouldn't hurt to spend some time with Izuku along with Inko, as long as he got back to the dorms in time for curfew. When Katsuki was at the nice apartment, he caught up with Inko and helped a panicked Izuku go over his speech one last time, worried he might blank on any of the lines, he made sure to practice it multiple times, even after Katsuki assured him it was fine. Inko watched the boys work and chuckled, the two got along very well and she was glad that Katsuki was the one Izuku chose to stay with.

Time flew by quickly, as it always does in the Midoriya's apartment and before he knew it, the sun was setting, indicating that he had to get back to the dormitory. He sighed, giving Inko a hug and a quick kiss to Izuku he waved goodbye and started on his way back to UA. No one questioned where he'd been, they already knew he had been with Izuku and he liked it that way, he wasn't asked where he'd been, sparing himself the irritation of the question.

Katsuki headed up to his room, he was planning to meet Izuku tomorrow as well, to see how his presentation went. He wanted to get Izuku something for a congratulations present on finally finishing and presenting his invention to the class. Thinking to himself he smirked, he would make some nice katsudon before going over to see him, he knew Izuku would love it. And soon enough he was going to bed, excited for the next day.