Chapter 10

Lexi's POV

Feeling soft hands grabbing at my face my eyes slowly peel open to see my five year old above me.

"Mommy," she whispers with wide eyes and big smiles. "I'm hungry and it's game day you need to get up!"

Seeing the clock on the bed side table only read 6:43AM, I sigh softly before looking back at Pia.

"Baby it's so early we don't need to be up yet. Breakfast isn't for another hour."

"But I'm hungry." She sits up on my lap with a confused expression not understanding my rationale.

"How about a Starbucks date? Just you and me."

"Can Kristie come?" She asks looking toward the sleeping body next to me.

"Nope, Kristie needs to sleep before the game. We will see her after okay? Go brush your teeth and get dressed I'll be in to shower in a minute."

"Can I shower with you?"

"Yes but brush your teeth first. You have bad breath." I scrunch my nose and make a disgusted face which causes her to giggle and climb off of me. Once I hear the bathroom door close I roll over on top of Kristie and place kisses along her neck, ear and jaw before finally making my way to her mouth. Feeling her lips move under mine I pull away to see her smile.

"I love these kind of wake up calls, they should happen more often."

"I'm not waking you up just yet, just seeing if you want anything from Starbucks."

"Medium chai latte with sweet cream cold foam and caramel."

"I love you superstar," I say and give her one last kiss. "Go back to sleep."

Grabbing some comfy clothes on my way to the bathroom, I hop in the shower with Pia and we both quickly wash up before turning the water off. Wrapping a towel around myself I then wrap one around Pia and kiss her nose.

"I love you little P."

"I love you too mommy. Can we go get cake pops now?"

"Sure," I say laughing a little. "Let's get ready and then we can go."

Getting dressed and doing all I need to do in the bathroom I grab my wallet, room key and phone before meeting Pia who is waiting at the door.

"Ready mommy?"

"Yes, let's go. We don't have long before breakfast okay? So a quick trip."

She grabs my hand and opens the door, pulling me toward the elevator. Making our way down to the first floor we exit the hotel and cross the street to the Starbucks we have become very familiar with over the past two weeks.

Waiting in line and grabbing our things we sit in the booth by the window which has become our spot.

"Do you think I can come on the field today mommy?"

"We will see how the game goes okay? You'll sit with Gabi and Charlie in the box during the game but maybe you can after. But you have to be good."

"Okay."

"So I have some exciting news for you. Thanksgiving is this week. And instead of flying home to Texas tonight we're actually flying to North Carolina to spend a week with Nana and Papa."

Her eyes get wide and she lets out a little scream before getting down from the booth and crawling in my lap to hug me.

"Mommy I'm so excited! Thank you! This is the best day ever."

"You're welcome Pia girl. I'm excited too. It'll be lots of fun. Uncle Leo and Aunt Layla are in town, and so is Brady. So we will be having thanksgiving dinner with them. I think it will be lots of fun!"