Chapter 2

Lexi's POV

My alarm goes off at 5:15am, but I'm already wide awake. I barely slept last night, nervous for my first day of work today. Don't get me wrong, I've worked here before as a travel nurse. I know the people, how the hospital works, and I'm very comfortable here... but as my first official day I'm nervous.

Slowly slipping out of bed, I make my way to the kitchen. I peek into Pia's room on my way to make sure she's still asleep and then head straight for the coffee machine. Pouring myself a cup, I then make eggs and a bagel before sitting down with a sigh.

Scrolling through my phone for a little while, I answer the couple text messages I have before landing on Kristie's.

Kristie Mewis: have a great day at work tomorrow, it's gonna go great. Text me when you can, can't wait to see you next ☺️

I've only known her for two weeks, but my heart skips a beat every time I see her. I have never specified my sexuality, simply because I don't have to. But being around her makes me speechless. She is beautiful, authentic and so down to earth. We've spent a little bit of time together here and there, but I definitely feel a connection... and I hope she does too.

As I finish eating, I make my way into my bathroom. Washing my face and brushing my teeth, I throw my hair in a bun and start on my makeup. Playing music softly, I hum along while dancing a little.

Soon the door slowly creeps open and Tucker comes trotting in sitting at my feet.

"Hi buddy," I say kneeling down to pet him. "Why're you awake? Pia isn't up yet."

Pia and Tucker are attached at the hip, he doesn't leave her side - especially at night.

Before long, Pia peers her head into my bathroom, my tshirt she is wearing dragging on the ground.

"Baby why are you awake? It's so early."

She comes and wraps her arms around my waist and I pick her up wrapping her around me. I sway a little, singing softly in her ear before setting her on the counter in front of me.

Letting go of her, I continue my makeup while she wraps her arms around my waist and rests her head in my stomach.

"What's on your mind my little love?"

"Do you have to go to work mommy? I want to spend the day with you."

"Baby you know I have to, and you're going to have so much fun with Ella today! She said you're going to the park and swimming!"

"I'm excited to play with Ella but I want you to be there too."

Placing my mascara down on the counter, I give her a kiss on the forehead before looking in her eyes.

"I would love to spend the day with you, but unfortunately work is calling. You're going to have the BEST day and I'll be home for movie and bed time before you know it."

"Okay." She gives me a small smile before yawning.

"Why don't you and Tucker go lay in my bed. I'll say goodbye before I leave alright?"

"Will you tuck me in?"

"Sure."

Picking her up and setting her on my hip, Tucker is at my heels as I walk into my bedroom. Setting her down on my bed I wrap the covers around her. Kissing all over her face like crazy, her giggle puts a smile on my face and I give her one of my own.

"Go to sleep little P, I love you."

"I love you mommy."

I sit there for some time trying to get Pia back to sleep, but once the clock hits 6 I know I need to get moving. Ella will be here in 15 minutes and I haven't even packed my bag or a lunch.