Chapter 19

Lexi's POV

"Are you insane?" I ask as Lucy is sat in front of me with Pia on her lap.

"She's not insane mommy she's Lucy!"

Smiling at the innocent girl and laughing slightly, it still doesn't take all my anger away.

"I really want to stay mommy for winter break please? Narla will miss me too much."

I lean back into the couch and ponder the idea in front of me. We fly home in the morning to head back to Houston but Pia is insisting on staying in England. She has the next week off of school for winter break. It's not that I am opposed, I trust Lucy and Keira with my whole heart. But I have never left her alone in another country. We are always together.

"Lex I will never let her leave my sight you know that. Me and Keira have training every day but no more games since international break starts the week after. So we will have a lot of down time."

Looking at the two in front of me, Pia is leaning up against Lucy's chest while Lucy plays with her hair.

"How is she going to get home? She isn't flying by herself she's only 6."

"Sam and Rose are here for the season at city, they'll fly her home and meet you at camp."

Leaning back into the chair I cover my face with my hands and sigh. Looking at the two through my fingers I can't help but smile and give in.

"Fine. But Pia you have to call me every day and you must listen to whatever Keira and Lucy say."

Pia squeals and throws her arms around Lucy before coming over to me and giving me a hug.

"Thank you mommy, I have to go tell mama," she says as she runs out the back door with Narla at her heels to tell Kristie.

"You promise you'll call every day? And if anything seems off you'll call me no matter what time."

"Lexi, breathe. It'll be fine. Nothing will go wrong."

But something tells me that isn't true.

——————————

I had just finished going through my player profiles for the first day of camp tomorrow when my phone rings. Knowing Pia's plane lands any minute, I instantly answer.

"Hey Sam, everything okay?"

"Breathe lex, we just landed. Are you at the hotel yet?"

"Yeah I got here a few hours ago. How was she for you?"

"Honestly she was great. She slept both flights the entire time. Lucy had mentioned she was pretty tired the past few days. No complaints."

"Really? That's unlike her. She seems okay otherwise?"

I start to think of every possible illness I know of as Sam rambles on, but I don't catch a single word until she calls my name again.

"We will be there in 20 minutes. Want to meet in the lobby? Pia is asking for you and Kris."

"Yeah sure. I'll meet you down there. Bye Sam, and thanks for bringing her."

Hanging up my phone and leaving the training room, I head down the hall to where Kristie is hanging out with her teammates. Opening the door to yelling, I laugh when I see them all over the room with controllers in their hand and Mario Kart on the tv.

"Kris Pia will be here soon, I'm headed down."

"Sorry gals I have to go, pause the game and we will play tonight?"