Chapter 11

Lexi's POV

"Good morning," Kristie says and she wraps her arms around my waist from behind and kisses my neck. Leaning back into her the two of us stare out the window into the backyard that overlooks the water.

"Morning babe. I made you a coffee and a bagel, it's on the counter." She kisses my neck once more and squeezes my hips before she walks toward the kitchen. Following her shortly after I lean up against the counter and watch her every move.

"How's the knee feeling this morning?"

"Good," she says taking a seat without bending the left knee that is wrapped in a brace. "Do you think we can go out in the yard and pass a little before we head to the doctor?"

"I think we can make that happen. We can head out when you're done."

Sitting down next to her we talk about the days events and the couple days following, thanksgiving being tomorrow. We're having thanksgiving here with Leo, Layla, Brady, and Leo's parents. My extended family is very small and they don't leave near here, so we just celebrate with the small group of us.

As the clock hits 7:30am we make our way to the backyard and kick the ball around for a while, a smile mixed with a grimace showing on Kristie's face.

"Why don't we stop for now," I say noticing her frustration and pain. "I'm sure Pia will want to play tonight anyway."

I don't even finish my sentence before she is limping back toward the house and up the deck, the door slamming behind her. Making my way into the house following the blonde, I see her laying on the couch, knee elevated and eyes closed with a few tears running down her cheeks.

Straddling her waist I place both my hands on the side of her face and kiss her gently. Wiping away the tears she opens her eyes to look at me.

"You're too good to me," she whispers kissing me once more.

"It's because I love you," I say giving her a small smile. "And I hate seeing you this way. But the only way you can get better is by letting me help you. The farther you push your limits the more setbacks you're gonna take."

Rolling her eyes she leans up to kiss me once more. "The longer we sit her and keep kissing the less likely it'll be we make it to the doctors on time."

"Let's go babe," I say standing up from the couch and offering her a hand which she gladly takes.

Walking out toward the car we make the quick 15 minute drive to the medical center. Once Kristie is all checked in the two of us wait in the waiting room. Her good knee is bouncing like crazy and she won't stop playing with my fingers, something she does when she's nervous.

"Relax," I say taking both her hands in mine. "Everything will turn out fine."

"You don't know that," she says coldly before shooting me a glare.

"No, I don't. But I do know that your girlfriend is an excellent trainer and is willing to help you every step of the way. You also play at a high level team that is more than willing to help you. So take a deep breathe okay?"

She rolls her eyes at me just as her name is called. She hands me her phone and wallet before heading back into the room for her X-Ray and MRI. Closing my eyes as silence takes over it doesn't last long before my phone rings.

"Hey mom," I say answering the phone seeing the caller ID.

"Hi mommy!"

"Hey peanut, does grandma know you're using her phone?"

"Yes she said I could while she made breakfast. Why didn't you say goodbye to me this morning?"

"Because you were sleeping and it was very early. And we have a full day ahead of us with lots of baking so I wanted to make sure you had lots of energy."