Chapter 15

Lexi's POV

"Okay do you think I can wake her yet?" I whisper as I stand at the edge of the bed with Kristie, admiring the now six year old.

"I get that you're excited babe but it's not even 7AM. You would be so mad if she woke you this early."

"Well I know that but today is a special day! A birthday and game day? Come on love we have to wake her!"

Realizing my voice just got a little louder, I freeze in place with Kristie as we both look toward Pia who stirred softly, but has still stayed asleep.

Kristie pulls me toward the bathroom and closes the door, turning on the shower and letting the steam fill the room.

"How about we shower and then we can wake her, deal?"

Before I can respond she pulls me closer and pushes me up against the counter. Our kisses become slow and long as soft moans fill the room. The two of us strip and step into the shower, still taking our time kissing all over each others bodies.

Washing our hair and our body the two of us spend a few more minutes under the hot water tangled up in each other. Once the water gets cold we step out and dry off, and change into comfy clothes for the morning.

Applying a little makeup and braiding my hair I make my way to the bedroom and sit next to Pia, running my hands through her hair and shaking her slightly.

"Wake up birthday girl, we have a big day planned!"

She turns into my side and a smile appears on her face as she opens her eyes slowly to see me and Kristie next to her.

"Happy birthday bug," Kristie says as she kisses her cheek.

"Thanks mama, thank you mommy. I'm six now!"

She jumps up quickly and jumps all over the bed before I grab her and smother her face in kisses while Kristie tickles her sides. Laughter fills the room and I can't help but smile.

"Okay mommy what first? I'm hungry."

"Breakfast is in 30 minutes. After that the three of us are going to go to the zoo. And while mama come back for team lunch we are going to get lunch with Anna and her family. Then you will hang with Gabi and Charlie until the game. After the game we will do cake and presents with the team. How does that sound?"

"Good. Are there gonna be donuts at breakfast? Like a pink frosted one?"

Kristie laughs next to me before scooping her up and carrying her to the bathroom.

"Mommy made sure your donut would be waiting, but that doesn't mean you can't eat your fruit too. Now let's get ready while mommy finishes her notes okay?"

The bathroom door closes behind them and all I can hear are muffles as I work out my treatment schedule for the day.

Sending out my schedule to the team, I gather my phone and follow the voices I hear toward the bathroom. Kristie is sat on the toilet while Pia is stood on the stool only in her underwear. She is using her hands telling an elaborate story while Kristie is trying to encourage her to put her clothes on.

"Little P, if you don't hurry up I think someone may eat your pink frosted donut."

She quickly grabs her shirt and shorts from Kristie's hands and quickly gets dressed while Kristie grabs her things. Making our way toward the elevator we find Mal standing there with her phone to her ear. She hangs up quickly when she sees us and runs toward Pia.

"Happy birthday my love. I love you so so much."

Mal smothers her face with kisses as we enter the elevator and Pia begins to tell her all about the day ahead. As we enter the team room, all the girls begin to sing happy birthday while Pia smiles wide holding tight onto Mal. I can't help but smile and record the girls who have now become family. They've taken Pia into their lives and treated her like their own daughter. She goes around to each of them giving them all a hug before rushing toward the chef who is holding her donut with a single candle in the center. She blows out the candle before clapping her hands and taken a huge bite, frosting going all over her face.