Beautiful

My last full day on this ship had begun and this time the sun did it's best to cheer the mood up a bit. My stomach turned when thinking about returning home but I was also excited to see Faye and the other maids again, I did miss them in my time away.
Hopefully my father got rid of James in the meantime, I couldn't bear the thought of having to marry him after my return...

I shifted my gaze towards the horizon...my home had gotten a lot bigger in the distance, I wondered how long it would actually take us to arrive because from the looks of it, it would actually be today instead of tomorrow but what do I know.

„We are pretty close now, should arrive in a few hours from now" Gibbs interrupted my thoughts.
„But Orion said it would be another day"
„The wind has turned, we're sailing with full tailwind now" he sighed.

No, no, no...I thought I had a little more time than that...

I quickly got up and made my way across the deck, touching the ropes, railing and mast on my way, trying to remember everything.

„Alright everybody gather around, we need to talk about the plan again since today seems to be the big day" Orion shouted and the crew scattered around him, me included.

„The weather does not seem to be on our side, men" he began „but it is important that everybody understands our plan. We will arrive at the port in a few hours or so and I want everyone to be cautious. We took their princess so they are probably pissed. However, as long as we have Amelia they will do as we say so it is crucial that we don't let her go until we have been handed the gold. But that only works when they think that she is actually in danger so, my apologies Amelia, we will have to act a little unfriendly. We can not allow them to see that we wouldn't hurt her, savvy?"

The crew nodded and I hesitantly did too.
Orion turned towards me: „Luv, that means that you will have to wear some chains to convince them but I promise we will not hurt you"

„I know you wouldn't" I whispered and he smiled softly before returning his gaze to the crew.

„In case something goes wrong, fight or return to the ship" he said with a grim face „in the worst scenario, stick to the code and save yourself"

„Ay Capt'n"

The crew went back to their tasks and I was left next to Orion.
„How do you know they are ready for our arrival? I mean do you think they have the gold ready?" I asked, concerned, to my knowledge we did not announce our arrival beforehand.

„We sent various letters telling them to keep the gold ready because we could arrive anytime. It's in their best interest to be prepared"

„I see..." I muttered.

„Can I have a few words with you...in private?" he asked while gesturing at the crew around us.

I nodded, followed him into his cabin and closed the door behind us.
„What is it you wanted to talk about?"

„I want you to have this" he said and handed me a small but extremely sharp looking dagger.
„In case you decide royal life is not for you and you need to fight your way out" he chuckled and I smiled „no but seriously Amelia, I want you to be able to defend yourself"

I turned the dagger in my hands and studied it for a moment.
„That's very kind of you" I breathed and hugged him. He sighed and put his arms around me, holding me tight. Yep, I would definitely have no problem with staying right here in his arms forever. He made me feel so safe but also so free.