Revenge

„Ay mates, gather 'round! Amelia just had a great idea" Orion said and the crew slowly made their way towards us.
„Tell 'em" he whispered and gave me a reassuring smile.

„I said that we could try to steal out treasure back" I announced and the crew cheered:
„Ay what an idea!"

„Let's show those bilge rats what we're made of!"

Orion chuckled and took it from there: „Blackmane's ship is usually in the last corner of the dock, the darkest point where almost no lanterns bright up the dark. The bad thing is:

We will not be able to see where we are going at all times but the good thing is: They won't either" he grinned and the crew looked enthusiastic.

„But who will go? We can not just sneak in there as a whole group" I heard Gibbs say and suddenly everybody was talking and saying why they should go.

„I should go because I am the best at picking locks" Henry said and pointed his finger to his chest.

„No, I should go because I can be as quiet as a cat" another one proposed.

„No! I-" was all Gibbs could say before Orion silenced them: „Quiet, we can not all go. I am taking Henry, Gibbs and Joe with me and the rest of you head back to the Serpent" he announced before turning towards me: „Oh and you're coming too"

I looked at him a little puzzled but quickly regained my composure. Part of me was excited to be part of this adventure but I had also experienced myself how ruthless Blackmane's crew is and that made me nervous. They would not hesitate to kill me now that they have the treasure...

The others left us and soon only the names Orion had called were left. He took a few minutes to explain the plan to us and made sure that everybody was carrying a weapon.

„Alright, let's do this" he grinned and led the way towards Blackmane's ship. We hid in the shadows and slowly inched closer to the huge vessel.

„Gibbs, where does Blackmane usually keep his treasures?" Orion asked and Gibbs answered with: „In a small chamber below deck but he likes to store his favorite in his own cabin"
Why does he know that?

„Alright, we will split up. You, Henry and Joe search the chamber and Me and Amelia will search his cabin. Be careful not to run into the vigil. If you are spotted, get out of there as quickly as possible and leave the others behind. Everybody fights their own battles. Let's just hope everything goes well. We will meet up back at the Serpent" Orion demanded and they answered with:
„Ay Captain"

Fortunately the vigil had fallen asleep and we were able to sneak past him without any problems. Henry gave him a thump on the head to make sure he didn't wake up and I flinched.

Until I noticed that this was the pirate who had pressed the dagger to my throat earlier and he probably deserved it.
Our group split up and before I could think about it I was alone with Orion.

We snuck towards Blackmane's cabin and Orion carefully laid an ear on the door to check if he was asleep. He furrowed his brows in concentration and grinned: „He's snoring like a pig. We're good to go"

I chuckled and watched tensely as he slowly opened the door. A faint creaking noise was heard but other than that it went smoothly. My heart was pounding in my chest and I swallowed hardly.

Captain Blackmane was lying in his enormous bed, eyes closed and snoring loudly. His long beard looked tangled up and his mouth was open and showing his dark teeth.

„Amelia, start looking for the treasure. I'll keep an eye out on this fatty and the door in case anybody enters" Orion whispered and I nodded. I was once again searching for this stupid treasure, only this time I really wanted to find it too.

I tiptoed through the room and inspected every corner until I noticed the treasure chest sticking out from under Blackmane's pillow. Seriously?

I waved my arms to get Orion's attention and signal him that the treasure was under the pillow. He made an annoyed face but slowly approached me.

„How are we supposed to do this?" I whispered and he bit his lip, trying to think of something.

„Alright, I will try to lift up his head and you will reach under the pillow and grab the treasure, okay?" he said and I shivered. Oh boy, this better work.

He slowly touched Blackmane's head and earned a loud noise from him. I gasped but he hadn't woken up, he simply coughed and growled something before continuing to snore.

Orion tried again to lift the pirate's huge, hairy head and succeeded, stress clearly visible on his features. I took this chance to grab the treasure and slowly pull it out from under the pillow.

I held it in my arms triumphantly and Orion grinned as he slowly put Blackmane's head back where it was before.

Suddenly the door opened and a sleepy pirate stumbled in. When he saw us his eyes widened and he started shouting: „Intruders! We're being robbed!!!"

Orion reacted quickly and disenabled him before he could attack us but it was too late. Blackmane had already woken up and so had probably the rest of the ship.

He sat up and glared at us angrily.
„You dirty bastards!" he shouted „give me back my treasure!"

Orion grabbed the treasure with one arm and me with the other one. „Hurry, we need to get out of here" he rushed and we ran outside. Two of Blackmane's crew were already there to greet us but failed at grabbing us. I felt Orion's hand grab mine as we sprinted towards the dock.

„Amelia jump" he shouted and we jumped right onto the dock. We continued running and in the distance I could see Blackmane and his crew angrily chase after us but we already had a big lead.

We arrived at the Black Serpent shortly after and completely out of breath. Gibbs, Henry and Joe were already there waiting for us and cheered upon the sight of Orion carrying the treasure.

„Quick, set sail!" Orion demanded as we quickly boarded the ship. Minutes after we were leaving the dock and sailing into the open sea.

Everybody cheered and I beamed with joy, shaking from the adrenaline. We finally had our treasure back!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heyy,
What are your thoughts on this chapter? Did you like it?❤️
If yes, show me by voting, it means a lot!🦋
Have a nice day!