Bargain

„What do you want from me?" my father asked carefully.
„That depends...how much gold do you think your daughter is worth?" Orion asked slyly.
I saw James stepping forward with a dramatic gesture: „Any gold in the world for her"
Fantastic James.....where was this loyalty when I was being kidnapped?
My father raised his hand to shut James up: „It's not your place to speak for your king"
Immediately James went back to standing behind him.

„I offer you 100,000 gold for the safe return of my daughter. My guards will accompany you down to the treasury and you will hand her over. I need to ensure her safety" my father said glaring at the pirates.
No, that's a trap, it has to be.

I turned my head to face Orion but sadly he didn't notice me. Damn it Orion.

„200,000 and we have a deal" he answered sternly and my heart sunk. „But just to ensure you're not lying three of us will stay here with your daughter and wait for the other's return. They will bring the gold to our ship and once we get the signal we shall free your daughter"
Seems like he did notice it was all too good to be true. Still, I had a bad feeling.

Orion took a moment to talk to the crew and shortly after Gibbs and Henry joined him at my side and the others looked at the guards, demanding to be shown the treasure.

They followed them into the castle and the waiting began. I looked around anxiously and was met with James' eyes, who looked at me curiously.

It felt like an eternity, waiting for the others to return and my heart almost skipped a beat, when I saw them coming out of the castle, carrying lots of treasure chests. Seemed like my father held his part of the bargain so far. Orion nodded to his crew members and they walked past us, returning to the ship.

Minutes later a gunshot was heard, our cue.
Now for the really difficult part. I had no idea how Orion planned for the remaining three of them to make it back safely. Suddenly he pulled out his gun and held it towards me. He gestured Henry and Gibbs to leave and the ran towards the port.

„I will keep my gun pointed at her until I habe safely left" he said walking backwards but keeping the gun pointed at me „nobody dare to move even an inch or I will shoot" he snarled.

And nobody did. The guards stood still at my fathers command and I did the same.
Orion was almost out of the gate when I heard James' voice: „We can not let him get away"

What the hell was he doing???

I saw my father flinch, expecting the worst and then I heard the gunshot...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uh oh...