Tease

After some time we were joined by the crew and headed towards a small bar.
We took a seat and I noticed that I was the only woman in this whole place. The people sitting at the tabled looked like you would rather not meet them in the dark...and also not during the day.

I shifted nervously in my seat as the crew ordered some drinks, water for me included.
I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned my head to see Orion hiding something in his hand.

„I know you didn't want me to buy it but I think you really liked it and I want you to have a souvenir of your adventure" he whispered and handed me the necklace I had rejected earlier at Maria's stand.

I couldn't help but smile at this sweet gesture. „Thank you but you shouldn't have..." I said quietly and he helped me put it on. „Not that I think you could ever forget me but now you surely won't" he said and smirked. I rolled my eyes but let out a chuckle.

We returned to the ship after the day had already turned into night and the stars were out. I stood at the railing and gazed at the sky, it was very clear and a thousand stars were visible.

„Do you miss your home?" Orion asked and I sighed.
„Of course" I said „although there are some parts I'm glad to be missing"
„And what would these parts be?" he asked curiously. Why was he suddenly so interested in my past?

„My father wanting me to get married" I answered and rested my chin in my hands.
„Do you not want to marry?" he asked surprised.
„No, I mean yeah someday but not yet. I want to marry for love not for wealth or reputation" I admitted and he nodded in agreement. We went silent for a while and just enjoyed the quiet of the night.

„How did you become a pirate?" I asked, a question that I had wondered about for the past weeks. „You do not seem like the usual pirate"

He looked at me irritated: „How so?"
„You seem to take a lot of care of yourself, I can't say the same about your crew" I explained and thought of the dirty or missing teeth of the other crew member.

He shrugged his shoulders. „Can't a man enjoy hygiene?"

„Yes of course but it doesn't seem to be a common trait among pirates" I stuttered and he chuckled.
„That's why I want to know how you ended up being a pirate" I continued.

„Love, I'm sorry to tell you this but I'd like to keep my past in the past" he sighed and continued watching the stars „all I can say is I love the freedom of being on a ship.

Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Serpent really is... is freedom"

„That was very poetic" I chuckled and saw his lips curve into a small smile.

The following days were pretty boring. I didn't ask Orion any more questions and just overall didn't talk to him a lot for some reason.

I got along pretty well with Gibbs and Jasper and also learned that another lad, Oscar was a very fun time too.

Where were those cruel pirates I used to hear stories about when I was child? All I saw was a group of men, led into piracy owing to unfortunate circumstances.

I helped out in Waddley's kitchen and gave him a few tips to improve his cooking skills which was gladly appreciated by the other crew members.

I was not sure if I had done anything to upset Orion but he seemed very distant and rude every time we talked.

At some point I had enough, that's when I decided to ask him what his problem was and why he decided to be so distant all of the sudden when only a few days ago he bought me a present and even opened up a little bit.

I approached him when he was lazily laying on deck, shirtless. With hindsight, probably not the best moment.

„Orion?" I started and he opened one eye to look at me: „Hm?"
Suddenly my bravery left me and I stuttered around like a little girl. Stop it Amelia, it's just a shirtless guy.
„Enjoying the view luv?" he asked and smirked with his eyes closed again. I felt my cheeks heat up in both embarrassment and anger. „I just wanted to ask you what your problem is. One day you're all nice and them you turn into this narcissistic, distant jerk" I said angrily but he didn't stop smirking. „Got a problem with that?"

I clenched my teeth and tried to keep my calm. „No, actually" I said.
„So you went here just to tell me that?" he asked with an amused smile plastered on his face.
I was silent for a moment but answered with „yes"

„Well thank you for your advice, I'm sure I won't be using it in the future" he grinned and I bristled with anger. What was wrong with him?
He deserved revenge and that's what I was going to give him.

I paced around the ship, trying to gather some ideas of what to do but everything seemed so lame. I could empty a bucket of seawater on top of him but that's not spectacular enough, plus it would make the floor wet and somebody else would have to sweep it up.

I had to think of something else, something better. I decided to sneak into his cabin, maybe I would find something for my revenge there, plus snooping around could be quite interesting.

I waited for the perfect moment and snuck through the door. The inside looked not as interesting as I thought it would be. Everything was pretty much kept in closed chests and I couldn't find a single key. I sighed and continued searching.

„What are you doing?" I suddenly heard Orion say and spun around. „I'm just uh looking for uh..." I was trying to think of the perfect cover but my brain didn't cooperate.

„If you wanted to be in my bedroom, you could've just asked" he smirked and I blushed deep red. No, no, no stop blushing, it will only make him think he is right!

I swallowed hard and straightened up a little bit. „Why would I ever want that?" I asked and tried my best to keep a straight face.
He smirked and stepped closer. „I don't know, you tell me" he whispered into my ear and I instantly had goosebumps all over my body.

I felt unable to move, he was still so close I was sure he was able to hear my heart almost beat its way out of my chest.

He knew exactly what he was doing and seemed to enjoy every second of it. Why couldn't I just think of a smart comeback?

He didn't move but his brown eyes seemed to study every expression of my face. Couldn't somebody come in already and interrupt this tension?

I turned my head to look him in the eyes. We stared at each other for what felt like hours and his features softened: „You're mesmerizing" he whispered and my eyes widened in shock. I felt my cheeks heat up again and bit my lip, nervously, trying to ignore the butterflies erupting in my stomach.

He inched closer to me and I could feel my heart speed up but suddenly he stopped in his motion and took a step backwards, straightening up. He ran his hand through his hair and muttered something under his breath, not sure what it was.

I looked at him in confusion, my heart still beating out of my chest.

Luckily I heard Waddley call for dinner in that moment and we both headed out, avoiding each other's gaze.

Did he move closer to kiss me? And if yes, why did he stop mid-movement? I always heard that pirates do whatever they like and just live in the moment but this pirate seemed to think a lot...well at least on some occasions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ooooooh the teeensiiooon between the these two is getting harder and harder to ignore!
What are your opinions? Would you change anything?❤️
If you enjoyed this chapter, please show me by voting🦋
Have a nice day!