A new abode

I woke up with a major headache. What had happened? I was in a comfortable bed in a very small room with dark, wooden walls.

Everything seemed to be moving in a soft, rocking motion, swaying from side to side.

That's when realization hit me, I had to be on a ship.

I shot up and looked around the cabin, panicking. I quickly inspected my body but it seemed like I was not hurt at all, I was still wearing my gown which looked a little dirty after running through the park.

Just as I tried to get up, the door opened and the same pirate that had kidnapped me entered the room.

„Ah, you're finally awake" he grinned and I stared at him angrily. „Why am I here?" I said, not showing how afraid I actually was. He just ignored my question and approached me.

„Welcome on my ship, the Black Serpent. I am Captain Orion Pierce" he smiled and bowed mockingly.

I glared at him. „Feisty, are we?" he chuckled and crossed his muscular arms in front of his chest. He was pretty tall, had tanned skin and a small scar over his left eyebrow.

„Alright, staring contest is over princess, time for you to meet the crew" he said and gestured me to follow him.

I hesitated for a moment but followed him slowly. He lead me on deck where a large group of pirates were working on the sails or handling big ropes.

„Listen up men" he spoke and they all turned their heads into our direction. He was younger than most members of his crew, why did they tolerate him as their leader?

„As you all know we have a special...guest with us" he said amused and pointed towards me.

Their eyes landed on me, looking like they haven't seen a woman in a while. I shivered and shifted awkwardly from side to side.

„I want you to treat her with respect, if anybody dares to touch her, he will be thrown off the ship, do you understand?" he said and looked at them threatening.

„Aye Captain" they answered in unison and I felt a wave of relief wash through me. The Captain then turned to me and looked me in the eyes.
„And you, Princess, will respect them and me as well" he said. „Right now getting on our good side is your only chance for survival, so I suggest you get rid of this attitude" he said and I nodded, scared.

„See, not so hard" he grinned and I tried my hardest not to punch him in the face. That cocky grin of him made me furious but at the moment he was probably my best chance of survival.

The sun was setting quickly as I watched my kingdom get smaller and smaller in the distance. Soon it was pitch black and only a few lanterns brightened up the ship.

I was accompanied to the same room I had woken up in and told that this would be my sleeping space and main place to be. At least they didn't lock me up in a cage or something like that...

The Captain's cabin was right next to mine and I wondered why nobody was using my cabin until now. I sat on the soft bed and listened to the pirates slowly all going to sleep. After a while it was completly silent and everything I could hear was the sound of the waves against the bow of the ship.

I had spotted a small emergency boat on the side of the ship, earlier. This was probably my last chance to escape.

As quietly as possible I set my feet on the floor and opened the door, to my surprise it wasn't locked. The cold sea breeze made me shiver as I made my way to the small boat.

It was affixed with several ropes and I quickly started to unfasten them, my hands trembling. I was almost finished when I suddenly heard an angry voice call out behind me.

„What the hell are you doing?" the Captain said and I jumped at the sound of his voice. „What does it look like?" I said, working even faster, there was only one knot left.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from the boat. I tried to wiggle out of his arms but he was too strong. „Get inside before you wake everybody up" he said through gritted teeth, dragged me back to my cabin and closed the door.

„Were you trying to kill yourself?? Do you have any idea how far away from land we are? You could have drowned" he shouted and I felt my bottom lip tremble.

„Better than being locked up on a pirate ship" I spat and he brought his hands to his temples.

„God, woman why are you so stubborn?" he said and sat next to me on the bed. He took a strand of rope and two cloths out of his pocket and I jerked backwards.

„Relax, I'm not going to hurt you. I just need to make sure you actually stay here this time" he sighed and took my wrists and put the cloths around each of them.

I looked at him in confusion. He then proceeded to tie my hands up around the pieces of fabric. „I thought being on a ship, miles away from home would be enough and I wouldn't have to force you to stay here but seems like I was wrong" he said and tied the end of the ropes to the bedpost. I glared at him angrily but he left without another word. This escape had not been successful and now I was tied up. Great.

I shifted around to look at my wrists, only now understanding why the fabric was there. Otherwise the scratchy ropes would cut into my flesh.

That's oddly nice for a pirate, I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hellooo,
what are your thoughts on the third chapter? Any recommendations? What do you think of Captain Orion Pierce so far? And what do you think might be the reason he kidnapped her?
I would love to read your assumptions💕
If you liked this chapter, please show me by voting🦋
Have a nice day!