The calm before the storm

After eating breakfast Orion gathered us all around to share some information about the day.

„I have studied the routes of a transport fleet and discovered that when everything goes to plan we should be able to cross their way today" he announced. The crew cheered in excitement and started gambling about how to attack and what role they want to play in the attack.

„What do you think they have aboard?" I asked and he turned towards me with a smile.

„In the best case gold and lots of fancy food. In the worst case...I guess nothing?" he answered.
„Oh I would kill for something other than bread or beans now" I thought and my stomach grumbled.

„Guess that's a yes" Orion chuckled and I nodded.

„But...what role am I going to play? I want to be useful" I asked and he furrowed his brows in thought.

„I don't want to risk you getting hurt, they're obviously not going to be happy that we're robbing them" he thought out loud.

„I can take care of myself" I said sounding convinced even though deep down I wasn't so sure about that myself.

He sighed but nodded: „Alright, I can't stop you anyway. But don't leave my side and carry a weapon with you"

„Ay ay Sir" I mocked him and he cracked a smile, rolling his eyes before sneaking one arm around me and pulling me a little closer.

„I mean it, run when I tell you to run with no regards for the others. Everybody fights their own battles, alright? I wouldn't want to lose you because of some stupid transport ship crew" he whispered in my ear and I felt a tingle down my spine that put a smile on my face.

„Yes" I stuttered a little flustered at him being that close to me, flashbacks from our kiss last night making my mind race.

„Thinking of anything in particular?" he grinned and put a strand of hair behind my ear. I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment, he seemed to know exactly what I was thinking about.

I cleared my throat: „Just uh boring boat stuff, you know?"
He threw his head back and laughed: „When a simple boat gets you this flustered, why do I even try so hard?"

„You're stupid" I smacked his arm and he snickered: „Not too stupid for you to kiss me apparently"

„Don't flatter yourself Captain" I responded „I've uh kissed a lot of people"" I lied but his smirk didn't fade: „And why do I believe not one bit of it?" he answered with a smirk visible on his lips.

I probably looked like a full grown tomato by now: „Alright I haven't. But I could have!" I exclaimed defensively.

„I don't doubt that" he admitted and winked. I was about to answer when we were interrupted by Joe running past us, hectically searching for his saber: „They're on the horizon!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey people!
First, let me apologize for taking so long to post an update. I just lacked inspiration and I also graduated🥳
Now, what did you think about this chapter? Are they going to pull off the robbery of the transport ship easily or will there be obstacles?
I hope you liked it❤️If you did, please show me by voting, it'd really mean a lot to me🦋
Have a lovely day!