The admirals's search

„Just act casual, we're not going to attack them. But be ready to fight in case they attack us" I heard Orion say and shivered.

The one time when Long John Slag's crew attacked us was enough for my liking, I did not need another fight.

We waited in anticipation until finally a voice was heard: „Buccaneers, we are here to ask you a question in the name of King Richard the Third. Who is the Captain if this ship?"
„I am" Orion answered proudly.

„We must search your ship. If you make no resistance we will let you go unharmed" the Commanding Officer said and I gasped. They're going to search the ship?
„And why would I let you do that?" Orion asked sanctimoniously.

„Because the King's daughter, Princess Amelia has been kidnapped" the Officer explained.

„I'm terribly sorry, I didn't know that" Orion answered and I could hear the derision in his voice, I just hoped nobody else had noticed it.
„Let us step on your ship pirate or else there will be bad consequences" I heard the Officer say and Orion chuckled.

„Oh yeah? Seems to me like you're a little outnumbered and not in the position to give me commands" he scoffed.

It was silent for a moment.
„I am not afraid of risking my life to serve my King" the Officer spoke.
No, no, no please don't.
„You don't say" Orion chuckled, he was enjoying this.

I wanted to run outside so badly and tell him to stop provoking them but that would ruin everything.

„But if you insist, I will allow one of you to search my ship" he offered.
„Three and it is a deal"
„I don't have to allow anyone on my ship at all, be grateful that one is allowed. I promise we will not hurt this poor fool" Orion said with a strong voice.

Soon after I could hear a person with clicking heels hesitatingly board our ship, I felt really bad for him.

I quickly hid under my bed and held my breath. I wanted to be returned home but I knew that if they found me the soldiers would not hesitate to kill the whole crew instantly.

I heard Orion repeatedly say: „This is ridiculous, are you almost finished?"

The soldier had not entered my cabin yet but he would be a fool not to search here.
„Who is that?" I heard a man say, I assumed it was the soldier.

„Oh, just an old friend. You can have him if you want to" Orion chuckled and soon after I heard Long John Slag cursing him in the worst ways.

„N-no thank you" the man stuttered and continued his search.

Orion's P.O.V.

The poor soldier searched every inch of my precious ship and I prayed that Amelia had hidden herself. They would not hesitate to kill my whole crew if they found out that we actually kept her on our ship.

What if she showed herself? After all these men were able to finally return her home.
Finally, the soldier slowly opened the door to her cabin.

This was it, the moment of truth.
I held my breath, trying not to freak out and casually peeked over his shoulder to take a look into the cabin.

It was empty, thank god.

The soldier shrugged and turned around. He was just about to leave when a small noise was heard, please no...

He hesitated and rushed back. My heart skipped a beat as he bent down slowly and took a look under the bed.
To my surprise he came back up shortly after and left the cabin.
„Everything seems to be clear, Sir"

With these words he returned to his ship and I took a gasp of relief.

„See, I told ya" I said and flashed the Officer a smile, annoying people like him is one of my favorite hobbies. He just rolled his eyes and gave the command to set sail again.

I watched their ship get smaller in the distance and immediately made my way to Amelia's cabin. Where the hell did she go?

I took a look around but there was no sign of her. „Are you looking for me" I suddenly heard her sweet voice. I turned around and saw Amelia standing in the doorway with a big smile on her face.

„How in the world did you do that?" I asked in disbelief.
She traced her fingers along the wooden walls and chuckled: „I had plenty of time to inspect this cabin during the last few weeks. Turns out there is a secret trap door hidden underneath the bed that leads to the hull of the ship"

„Wow...I didn't even know that"
„I figured" she giggled.

Why did she have to be so cute?
„Maybe not the best place to lock people up then" I chuckled and scratched the back of my head.

Probably not Captain" she mocked me and scratched her head too.
„You're unbelievable"
„You love it" she snickered and I bit my lip, trying to hide my grin. I guess I did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey lovely person reading this,
Any thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?❤️
It would mean the world to me if you voted for this chapter, thank you if you do!🦋
Have a nice day!