Looting

I felt my skin tingle with excitement as I watched the ship getting bigger on the horizon.
Part of me felt sorry for the people that were about to be robbed but the adrenaline rush of getting to witness a real robbery predominated every ounce of pity I felt.

We waited in silence for minute until they were close enough and Orion gave the command to hoist the flag.

The other ship was now close enough for me to see the men aboard. Fear overcame their features as soon as they noticed the adverse flag but it was too late for them to escape. Pirates had already begun boarding the ship, swinging on ropes.

I remained on our ship because I would probably slip and fall into the water if I even tried to swing on one of these ropes, so I gladly let the experts do their work. Maybe it was actually safer for me to stay here, in a safe distance.

I watched Orion as he grabbed a rope and skillfully landed on deck of the other ship.
The crew only stared at him, trembling in fear.

To be fair, if I didn't know better, I would have been scared if him too. His face showed no emotion except a small cocky smirk that tugged at the edge of his lips.

He took his time as he slowly made a few steps towards the frightened crew, his weapon drawn.

„Good morning gentlemen" he greeted them and his smirk widened.
„As you may have noticed, our paths crossed because of a certain reason" he continued but was interrupted by a man courageously stepping forward: „You will not get anything from us, pirate scum!" he cursed and spit in front of Orion's shoes.

„Great, big guy. Now you spit on your own deck" Orion chuckled derisively and turned his attention towards the rest of the people.

„Does anybody share this guy's opinion?" he asked calmly but his voice had a threatening undertone that sent shivers down my back.
I watched as he let his eyes wander over the faces of the men, none of them even dared to move a muscle.

This was going much easier than I thought.
Orion smiled, satisfied, and turned towards his crew: „Search the ship for anything you can find"

The crew jeered and quickly spread out all over the ship with only a few staying behind and helping their captain watch the crew.

Everything went smoothly and the crew quickly returned, their arms filled with gold, silver and to my delight: Lots of food. They made their way back onto out ship and Orion bowed mockingly in front of the furious looking crew.

„It was lovely to make your acquaintance. Thanks so much for the hospitality!" with these words he returned to the Black Serpent and quickly commanded everyone to hoist the sails.

I hurried towards the crew, curious about the loot but stopped on my way to talk to Orion.

„Quite a performance, they definitely hate you now" I commented and he grinned: „They probably expected much worse. They're lucky to be in sound condition, pirates normally don't do that" he explained.

I had a bad feeling in my gut, was he just acting this harmless because I was watching? How many people had he killed?
„What's wrong?" he asked, obviously noticing my discomfort.

I felt stupid asking but I had to: „How many people have you killed?"
I watched his facial expression with curiosity.
„Not as many as you might think, I can assure you that" he said and reached for my hand. I looked up at him and smiled lightly, letting out a sigh of relief.

„Captain! Good news: They had lots of rum aboard!" Henry cheered as he came running towards us.

„Them tonight we shall celebrate!" Orion exclaimed and I giggled at the pirate's obsession with rum.

It was something I always read about but didn't actually expect to be so true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heyyy!
I am so sorry for taking such a long break. I was unsure how to continue this book and was busy writing tons of applications. I will try to post more consistently from now on!!!
What are your thoughts on this chapter?
I hope you liked it❤️If you did, please show me by voting, it'd really mean a lot to me🦋
Have a lovely day!