Treasure island

We held our course towards the island during the following days. I kept wondering why they took me with them for such a long time but I didn't dare to ask when I was going to be returned home in fear of never returning again.

I sat on my bed, dangling my legs, not knowing what to do. I have no idea how the crew didn't already die of boredom. I sat in my cabin most of the time, at least I wouldn't get in the way there. If only there was something fun to do around here...

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair, combing it. My father would probably not recognize me right now, I probably looked exhausted and dirty. I buried my face in my hands and shut my eyes.

Orion had promised me that I would be back home soon but for some reason he did not return me yet. Was I ever going to come home again?

„Amelia, buckle up we're almost the- What's wrong?" I heard Orion say as he walked through the door.
I didn't answer.

„My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs the that you are troubled" he joked and made his way towards me.
„How incredibly astute of you" I mumbled and didn't move.

His smirk faded and he looked more concerned as he sat down next to me.
„What is bothering you? Is there anything I can do?" he asked.
„Except finally return me home, no. You promised that I'd be home soon, yet we sail further away from my home every day" I spat and turned my back towards him. I was suddenly so angry at him.

„Oooh, you're homesick aren't you?" he asked softly and I rolled my eyes.
„Well sorry, no can do, princess. I wouldn't want your father relieved yet" he said and I glared at him.
„You're evil, you know that?" I whispered and he smirked.
„I'm a pirate luv, it's what I do best. Besides, your father is not exactly the kindest one himself"

I wanted to kill him right then and there. How could he disrespect my father like that?
I rose my hand, prepared to slap him in the face but he caught my wrist in a swift motion.

„Careful, don't do something you are going to regret" he warned and I bristled with anger, trying to wiggle out of his grip.
„You wouldn't hurt me, you need me to get the gold" I said pertly and he nodded.

„But nothing would stop me from tying you up in here until I return you, either" he said in a raspy voice and I gasped. He wouldn't dare.

„So, stop being so stubborn and be grateful for once" he growled and I stayed silent. He was so right, I was lucky that they were treating me so good. I was their captive and not in the position to demand something. But then again I didn't ask to be kidnapped and being nice to me is the bare minimum considering they just took me away from my life.

Tears formed in my eyes and ran down my cheeks before I could control them and I internally cursed myself for crying.
He slowly let go of my wrist and wiped a tear away from my face.

„I'm sorry, I know this must be hard for you" he said quietly and locked eyes with me. „But you need to understand that I have to stick to our plan that we, by the way, made way before we got to know you"

I nodded silently and dropped my gaze.
He stood up and offered me his hand.
„Now, do you want to be part of finding this treasure or not?" he asked, a small smile playing at his lips.

I hesitated but reached for his hand and he pulled me onto my feet gently.

He led me outside and I could already see the island in the distance. The crew was singing pirate songs about treasures and it lifted my mood a little. They were all so excited and it really warmed my heart.

„And they sailed there ship across the ocean blue
A Blood thirsty captain and a cut throat crew
Its a darker tale as was ever told
Of a lust for treasure and a love of gold
Shiver My Timbers, Shiver my sides
Yo ho he ho
There are hungers as strong as the winds and tides
Yo ho he ho
And those bucaneers drowned there sins in rum
The devil himself would have to call em scum!Every man on board would have killed his mate for a bag of ginnys or a piece of eight, a piece of eight, a piece of eight"

We reached the island after about 20 minutes and finally set foot on land. The sand was warm and soft.

„Alright, let's take a break for a while before we begin our search" I heard Orion say and the pirates got comfortable in the warm sand, some even went swimming.

I strolled around the beach a little bit, looking for pretty sea shells and collected a few. I quickly noticed that I was being followed and turned around to see Orion. He really didn't know the word personal space, did he?

„Ready to get into the water?" he asked and grinned.
I looked at him suspiciously. „Uhm why?" I answered.

„Because you're getting your first swimming lesson today" he smiled, rushed over to me and picked me up in one swift movement.
„Let me down, I can't swim" I begged and he chuckled: „That's the whole point of this"

He quickly hurried towards the sea, still carrying me bridal style. He waded halfway into the water before finally letting go.

„I hate you" I said and glared at him angrily. „No you don't" he grinned and playfully splashed me with water. I splashed back quickly and hit him right in the face. I giggled at his face, now completely wet.

„You're distracting me from my mission" he chuckled „don't think you're getting away with not knowing how to swim. I don't want you to drown during the next storm"

The following minutes he showed me some swimming techniques and tried to convince me to try them out, it was actually not as hard as I thought it would be and I quickly learned to hold myself over water,
I swam a little and gasped in excitement: „I'm swimming" I exclaimed and couldn't stop smiling.

„Are you still so convinced that you hate me?" he asked and watched me, amused.
„Maybe I hate you a little bit less now" I teased and he smirked: „I'm making progress"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey lovelies,
what did you think of this?
I would love to hear opinions and suggestions❤️
Also please vote if you enjoyed this chapter🦋
Have a nice day!