A dangerous ship

Days passed and we never talked about that kiss again. I was sure it didn't mean a lot to him. He must have kissed hundreds of girls already, many probably much prettier than me.

What would my father say if he found out that my first kiss was with a pirate? He would probably freak out, I'm freaking out too to be honest. I have no idea how to act when I see Orion. I get butterflies every time and start getting nervous. I was so confident before, what changed?

I should probably still be mad about the treasure searching thing but somehow I wanted to forgive him. Maybe that's why he kissed me back, to confuse me so I would forgive him and be easier to handle.

I tossed and turned in my bed but I just couldn't get myself to fall asleep. He seemed honest and caring when we kissed but on the other hand he said that he is not trustworthy.

I decided to get up and walk around the ship for a while, maybe there would be someone on night watch that I could keep company.

I slipped out of bed and tiptoed outside. The cold sea breeze hit my face and I shivered but continued walking. I noticed that Gibbs, who was on night watch, had fallen asleep. What a great nightwatchman. I chuckled and turned around to get back inside when I bumped into Orion.

„What are you doing out here so late?" he asked.
„I could ask you the same question" I answered and he smiled.

„Well played but seriously, it's a little cold for you to be staying outside right now"
„As it is for you"

He sighed and I giggled.
„Well if you don't want to go inside, at least take my coat" he said and handed me his coat. It was soft, warm and smelled just like him. There they were again, the butterflies. Why does he have to have this effect on me?

We stayed silent for a few minutes and simply watched the deep blue, calm sea.
Finally I broke the silence: „What is our next destination?"

He kept his gaze focused on the horizon and furrowed his eyebrows.
„I don't know yet, maybe dump off Long John Slag on some island, he's starting to get on my nerves" he joked.
I looked at him in confusion: „You don't know?"

He sighed and turned his head to look at me. „The truth is I'm not sure whether to return you home soon or to keep you here for a little while longer"

I stayed silent and tried to read his expressions. He looked very restless and tired. For the first time I could see some vulnerability in his eyes. Where did it come from?

„I'm torn between being selfish and finally giving you what you deserve. I kept you here for long enough and you have every right to be homesick" he stated and turned away to leave.

„What?" I asked and my head was spinning, why would he be selfish?
„You heard me" he answered and went back to his cabin.

Yeah I heard you but I am more confused than ever!

I felt my naïve thoughts make their way back into my mind. „Maybe he wants you to stay because he likes you"
No, probably because the longer he keeps me, the more he will get paid for returning me. Or maybe he needs me for another treasure hunt. That had to be it.

I slowly shambled back to my cabin and fell into an uneasy sleep.

I woke up the next morning, extremely tired and still confused. My head was having a constant fight with my heart about what Orion meant yesterday and I felt like I was going to explode.

After breakfast I got comfortable on a pile of fabric and ropes on deck and decided to relax a little more.

„Amelia wake up" somebody whispered and shook me lightly. I shot up and was face to face with Orion who looked a little startled at my quick reaction.
„Why did you wake me up?" I asked and rubbed my eyes.

„There's a ship of your father's fleet at the horizon"
I removed my hands from my face quickly and looked at him in panic. WhAt?

„I'm sorry but they can not see you. We will try to avoid them but it is possible that they were sent to search for you" he quickly explained and pulled me onto my feet, pushing me towards my cabin.

„I'm sorry luv but I can't risk them finding you" he apologized and locked me in my cabin, cloaking the small window with a cloth, blocking the view.

What was going to happen? Was there going to be a fight? And what would happen if they found me?
I paced around the room, trying to calm my nerves.

I caught myself hoping the soldiers of my father would not hurt Orion or the crew.
Why did I worry about their well-being instead of hoping to be returned home?

They had been like a family to me and I felt more and more attached to them, especially Orion. I presevered for minutes until I heard Jake the guy in the crow's nest shout: „They're heading towards us, Capt'n!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hii,
Oh man, the royal fleet. Could that mean trouble? Will they find Amelia and punish the crew? Where will Amelia's loyalty lie?
Share your thoughts in the comments!❤️
I'd also appreciate it id you voted for this chapter (if you liked it)🦋
Have a nice day!