✧ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ✧

Namjoon had no idea how he found himself settled on a couch, right next to Jin.

There were other people in the pet lounge too but Namjoon still felt out of the world for a while.

Jin was playing with the pets and so was Namjoon, both trying their best to act normal.

"So, how's everything there?" Namjoon asked after a long time and Jin turned to him attentively.

"Everything's fine. I'm just on a break for a moment. I decided to switch my hospital and until I find a better one, I'll spend some time here."

"So you're changing the place?"

"Not the place, just the hospital. There's already a lot of surgeons there and I bought myself a home away from the last one." Jin informed and Namjoon nodded.

"How about you? How's everything?" Jin asked.

"How's what?" Namjoon asked, confused.

"What's going on around you? Jungkook, you're a friend right? You're still friends with him? How's he?" Jin asked, remembering how Namjoon once told him about his best companion.

"Yeah, he's fine." Namjoon said and Jin chuckled.

"You know what? It's weird. I think he's boyfriend with my cousin. He nonstop rants about him to me." Jin remarked.

"Taehyung. Your cousin?" Namjoon asked and Jin looked up at him with surprise.

"Yes, you're right. Do you guys know each other by any chance?" He asked and Namjoon nodded.

"Very nicely."

"That's great. Wow, we even have common friends." Jin chuckled and Namjoon just stared at him in a daze.

"Did you find yourself someone better?" Jin decided to ask later, watching Namjoon suddenly looking away, his head occupied with Jimin's thoughts only.

Namjoon nodded and Jin fell quiet, wanting to know who the lucky person was.

"Who's it?" Jin asked and Namjoon stared into space, but couldn't help the formation of a smile.

"Jimin." He said and Jin's eyes grew wider in pure surprise.

"Wait, Jimin? As in Park Jimin? Taehyung's best friend?" Jin asked, amazed but Namjoon was casual with it as if he knew, which he did.

"Yes." Namjoon whispered later and Jin could only smile.

"That's good then. I mean wow. Seriously a small world we live in. Jimin... He's amazing." Jin said, feeling so happy about it, his face could show but deep inside his heart was envy just a little bit.

"I know he is." Namjoon added confidently.

"He was just there asking me for baking and it was about you, wow. It's surprising." Jin laughed slightly.

Namjoon didn't know what else to say. He ran out of things to talk about but then suddenly out of nowhere he decided to shoot this question.

"Did you find someone?" He asked and Jin only smiled shortly before shaking his head.

"Ah, not actually. Some days I would have duty for 12 hours and that's very difficult to find time for someone in this profession but it's okay hopefully when I settle in this new hospital maybe." Jin said in a friendly way while Namjoon just kept his silence awake.

This felt weird how they were talking like normal friends while deep inside, Namjoon's mind was wandering in the flashbacks.

"B-but why!? Why can't we be together?" Tears flooded through Namjoon's eyes, his grip on Jin's arm. He had never cried like this before. This was hard, hard to stop those tears from flowing down.